Home | About | Donate

For Israel and the UAE, Peace for Profit Comes with Authoritarian Maneuvering and State-Surveillance

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/08/18/israel-and-uae-peace-profit-comes-authoritarian-maneuvering-and-state-surveillance

2 Likes

Reminds me of Sergio Leone’s Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly absent the vindication. I am so sick of watching Israel get away with their genocide of the Palestinian people as the world watches. Wherefore art thou Karma?

2 Likes

Hi WiseOwI:
With the obscene amount of $ given to IsraeI every year, by America and seeing how corporate America operates with sucking up so much of the American peoples income—it seems Iike we the Americans have become the 21st century Western version of ,“We are aII Paestinians now.”
But for the Paestinians , Iiving in the ME Iand now caIIed IsraeI , the PaIestinians Iived there for thousands of years prior I am sure that the Native peoples of America see this type of Iand stealing stiII happening to them too. If religions were reaI sources of power for the good, how would any of this even be hapening?

2 Likes

More evidence – as if we needed it – that the Middle East does not have a contest
of religions as much as an alliance of plutocrats, autocrats and geopolitical players
against the needs of people, especially the marginalized, and the world.

1 Like

I don’t know stardustBID, at the age of six when I was told I was special and all of those who would not hear the “Word” were not and were condemned to to “lake of fire” I recoiled into a nonbeliever’s mindset. Liked all of the morals and some of the music, but the magic not so much. The implicit hate and superiority–never.

1 Like

Hi Wise OwI:
One of my cousins has toId me that if they disappear in September, that they have risen to Heaven and the rest of us wiII have our heads cut off--------------- and hmm , something about a Iake of fire--------I think your 6 year oId seIf was very wise----but I am sad that peopIe think they wiII rise through the air to Heaven. I asked , where heaven is, as we’ve aII seen enough shots of space to see it------- if -there was such a pIace , but I never receive a reply for that. : (-
if there was such a pace

1 Like