Home | About | Donate

For Many Immigrant Families, the Fight for Reunification Is Just Beginning


#1

For Many Immigrant Families, the Fight for Reunification Is Just Beginning

Marcia Zug
President Donald Trump signed an executive order June 20 purporting to end immigrant family separations at U.S. border with Mexico.

#2

“approximately 2,000 children who were taken from their parents at the border between April and the time the executive order was signed”

Apparently that statement is false. Yes, 2000 children are in HHS custody but only 17% were actually separated from an adult that smuggled them across the border. The rest 83% crossed on their own.