Home | About | Donate

For These Children of Iraq, Help Did Not Arrive

For These Children of Iraq, Help Did Not Arrive

Claudia Lefko

In the end, help did not arrive.

In 2001, a 10-year old boy sketched this image of his sister, Faiza Amir, in her sick-bed at what is now Children’s Welfare Teaching Hospital (CWTH) in Medical City Baghdad and then, in large letters above the drawing, he made his plea, in English: "Help Cheldrin (sic) in Iraq." Nearly all the drawings had written messages asking for help. Many asked for God's help.

Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright summarized the US perspective as follows:

Through their continued support for never-ending worldwide war with impunity the Republican and Democrat Parties’ leadership make clear that this continues to be their consensus.

For these children, the U.S. gives the gift of cancer from depleted uranium, from the numerous toxic chemicals that accompany war, from burning oil refineries, oil fields and pipelines bombed by USA weaponry, from an environment permanently fouled with a carcinogenic stew made from all of the above. We give this gift to children because they must have our democracy, our civilization and our superior way of life…

I remember hearing some general, I think it was, and now, I don’t remember if it was Vietnam or Iraq, but he said, “We’re going to bring peace and democracy to those people if we have to kill every last one of them to do it.”
*Unfortunately, I don’t think that is an uncommon mindset in both DC and the Pentagon, and it definitely exists in the minds of the arms dealers and money-men who make billion$ selling weapons of all sorts. They all work hard to defend themselves against peace, for with peace comes a loss of profits.
*Bleah!
;-})

So who can hold the murderers accountable? The blood is on the hands of every person who voted and encouraged the vote to give the Shrub and his Dick invasion powers. Two and half MILLION people dead, and those responsible made billions of dollars in the crime of the Project of the New American Century. Americans are a murderous lot, and they murder with pride. “Thank you for your service!” The phrase has always made me want to vomit. Proudly fighting for corporate freedom to slaughter at will. America is a psychopathic nation.

We should send only the people to war that seek war . They hide themselves from complete responsibility of any kind . The people do not want war we have had enough .

Here’s my view about it: The Truth Now Hides | http://sungraffix.net/wordpress/the-truth-now-hides/ | I posted an article in social media a few days ago that said we killed about 2.4 million people in Iraq. The people who commented claimed there was no way we killed so many. They just don’t know… Check out the photo slider I placed at the bottom.