Home | About | Donate

For Trying to Stop Wars in Iraq, Yemen, Iran, Says Bernie Sanders, 'I Make No Apologies'

For Trying to Stop Wars in Iraq, Yemen, Iran, Says Bernie Sanders, 'I Make No Apologies'

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Bernie Sanders reaffirmed on Saturday that he makes "no apologies" for his opposition to the Iraq war—and a possible future one in Iran—and took a jab at one of the Iraq war's star cheerleaders.

The Democratic presidential candidate was in Vermont for his 2020 campaign's first rally in his adopted home state, and spoke to a crowd of at least 1,500 on the steps of the state capitol.

4 Likes

Bernie that is true, but a perpetual war with Iran is exactly what the war mongers and war profiteers want! The Fourth Reich’s… logo should be Dracula, because the war profiteers cannot survive with out the blood of bogus enemies!

The Amerikan, Fourth Reich’s Modus Operandi: ENDLESS BOGUS ENEMIES; FOR ENDLESS BOGUS WARS; FOR ENDLESS BOGUS WAR PROFITS!

13 Likes

Really every Military action in the US since world war II, has been preceded by an act of deception in order to get the public’s consent. While America, Having been brought completely down by the religious right, currently doesn’t care much about the public’s consent on any action they take, they still make an effort to deceive us prior to each of their incessant acts of terrorist / imperialist voyeurism. This deception has only to be enough to make the Christians, already predisposed to believe every and anything the government says, thoroughly convinced of their own righteousness, and therefore fully behind the fascist state’s terrorist rule.

13 Likes

Sign on as a citizen cosponsor of our demand for #PeopleOverPentagon.

Redirecting $200 billion from the military each year would free up $2 trillion or more over the next decade for big, bold, and urgent people-first priorities like Medicare for All and a Green New Deal against climate change.

Even with such large spending cuts, the Pentagon’s budget would remain more than enough to keep America safe at a level well above our nation’s post-World War II historical average.

Read the full statement on Pentagon cuts and sign on here.

8 Likes

A new Law needs to be implemented where those who deem it necessary to start a War, need to physically participate in that War. Attn: Trump, Bolton and Pompeo. You morons can lead the Infantry in, right after your Words of Wisdom to the Army behind you.

6 Likes

And Venezuela ? Bernie … Bernie …say something .

12 Likes

It’s time to end the Cult Of Military

10 Likes

#EatShit&DieBillKristol

3 Likes

Yes, Bernie should say something about stopping a war in Venezuela. He speaks up about Yemen now because Trump is in office. He did not speak up when Obama was in office.

6 Likes

“I make no apologies on Yemen and Iran. What’s this about Venezuela? Never heard of it.”

2 Likes

he has spoken out about Venezuela too. Basically says Maduro has made mistakes but it isn’t right for us to go overthrowing his government.

8 Likes

Sanders has said a few things against Venezuelan intervention and meddling, but he hasn’t made it a huge priority.

“I’m old enough to remember the war in Vietnam,” Sanders said, before ticking off past American political interference in Central and South America. “I am very fearful of the United States continuing to do what it has done in past – the United States overthrew a democratically elected government in Chile, and in Brazil, and in Guatemala.”

He then compared the “despotic regime” in Saudi Arabia with the leadership in Venezuela and said the US should do all it could to foster a “democratic climate.”

“But I do not believe,” he added, “in US military intervention in those countries.”

5 Likes

You weren’t listening.

Thank you, Bernie Sanders

3 Likes

Love you Bernie–I will work hard (as will so many others) to see that this time, you become the Prez. We need you!

3 Likes

He’s making up for lost time.

5 Likes

Bernie does not accept donations from the defense industry

4 Likes

Thank you Bernie, Ever since Vietnam the Pentagon has made a concerted effort to conflate opposition to US interventions with a lack of patriotism. Most politicians have been too timid to speak out against our disastrous wars. The media, even so called liberal MSM has consistently fallen in line. Hopefully the winds of change are coming. Bernie is the start.

1 Like

Well, well, well, it appears that almost 75% of your Congress is demanding that Trump increase military intervention in Syria to protect israel (no surprise there) and to further increase military pressure on Russia and Iran in the ME. Memorial Day my ass. Here’s the letter submitted by our nations official war mongers and the names of all 400 Congress critters, including a few democrats running as presidential hopefuls, who signed on to celebrate Memorial Day with more dead bodies.

3 Likes