Home | About | Donate

Forget Guns and Immigration, These 12 Democrats Focused on Helping GOP Deliver Big Bank Giveaway

Forget Guns and Immigration, These 12 Democrats Focused on Helping GOP Deliver Big Bank Giveaway

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Americans are calling urgently for solutions to two major crises confronting the U.S.—gun violence and the expiration of DACA permits, which will leave thousands of young immigrants vulnerable to deportation.

The DNC branch of the corporate party doing as it is paid to do.

McCaskill admonished Al Franken to resign within hours of her previous vote to gut CFPA regulations. Each of McCaskill’s anti-consumer votes harm exponentially more people than Franken’s indiscretions ever will.

These Democrats are helping Trump’s 2020 re-election.

How do they live with themselves? In corporations we trust.

Get ready folks, the next big theft by the Wall Street banks is right around the corner. This one’s going to hurt worse than 2008, and probably last longer too.
Isn’t this “reformed” Dem. party great…if you’re rich!

If all it takes is 12 corrupted Democrats to sell out the American people there is something really wrong with the policies we use or the strength of the people to change it.

This is why I would like Elizabeth Warren to run for president.
Upset By Elizabeth Warren, U.S. Banks Debate Halting Some …
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/27/elizabeth-warren…
Mar 27, 2015 · NEW YORK, March 27 (Reuters) - Big Wall Street banks are so upset with U.S. Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren’s call for them to be broken up that some have discussed withholding campaign donations to Senate Democrats in symbolic protest, sources familiar with the discussions said. Representatives … The only other voice on either wise of the aisle saying the same thing is Bernie Sanders.

Otherwise what this looks like is a dozen huge banks having a banking monopoly and bribing legislators to pass bills favorable to about a dozen huge banks. In return the legislators get big bribe money for their campaigns for re election. We should have learned our lesson from the 2005 to 2008 derivatives fraud crash and burn. He were are a few years down the road, and the real issue is the same, greedy huge banks monopolizing the financial industry owning the legislators they have given donations to in both parties. We would be in a much stronger position today if we had punished the big banks involved, and created strict accountability in the derivatives fraud market collapse back in the Bush, Clinton years.

Heitkamp is from North Dakota where they have a pretty effective state bank. Why should she accept this CRAP-O bank bill. Banksters are making money hand over fist and yet that is not enough.

I wondered whether the banksters are softening her up for an assault on the Bank of ND—the only one in the US, by the way, and by their lights, that’s one too many.

But there is no such thing as Corporate State Democrats! Oh no.

Cluck.

Ah, the post DLC beat goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on. (it’s my 90s PTSD acting up again)

Once again the Demoncrats show who they truly work for. The corporate oligarchs who OWN both parties. And right on cue enough Demoncrats stand up and vote when they are called for an important piece of legislation for the corporate oligarchs. And when they can, they bray against the Republicons as their kabuki theater script tells them to. All of which is to keep the idiotic citizens voting for the two corporate parties and defending them as if they are different from each other. The USA is full of morons who apparently will never wake up to this truth.

Note that one of these dirty dozen is HRC’s VP nominee. Cluck indeed.

Roll over and go back to sleep America. There isn’t anything you can do to stop the bleeding. Oh, you can vote??? For whom? And don’t say green party, there is no green party, it does not exist. There is only one party, the Greed Party. It will be this way forever because there is not the political will to do away with Citizens United and reinact Glass-Steagall. Roll over and go back to sleep. When you wake up, Don’t worry, be happy because you are alive in Hell.

RethuKKKicans and Dims are two peas in a fascist pod…

Yes, it does, but due to bipartisan collusion, which would seem to be a violation of our Constitutional rights of freedom of speech and of association, it operates at a y-u-u-u-ge disadvantage. “Non-existence” isn’t what’s stopping us from voting Green, but grotesquely unfair election and campaign-finance laws—and the corporate media.

Note too that one of the others is Jones, the winner of that ‘famous victory’ in Alabama. i’m not even sure that the republican, who succumbed to teen sex allegations, would not have voted agin this item on the Goldman Sachs/ Koch Bros wish list…

What’s the problem as you see it fern?

Dominance of the two party by wealthy individuals and large corporations? I mean, I don’t want to answer for you or anything.

I have never seen “it” as a viable option so this is something we’ll just have to disagree on.

Well yes, dominance and the resulting submission , but maybe more than one thing. Not just political.

I do have a growing appreciation for your views.

“cluck”

She’s great, but has she ever said anything about our never ending militarism?