Home | About | Donate

Forget Trump’s 'Deal of the Century'. Israel Was Always on Course to Annexation.

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/06/20/forget-trumps-deal-century-israel-was-always-course-annexation

2 Likes

The truth of what the Israelis have done and continue to do is clear to anyone who choses to look. I have watched over the years that there are those who have been blind to this but have finally opened their eyes. But some continue to deny to this day, and that is beyond my understanding.

Thank you Jonathan Cook. I have always appreciated knowing the truth, even when it challenges what I once believed. The lies were apparent to me when I was a kid. I don’t know what has taken others so long. Sorry, for sounding cranky on this.

4 Likes

I remember a story about the townspeople where the Buchenwald concentration camp was located, which was one of the most gruesome of all the camps during the war, in no small part due to the sadistic psychopaths Ilse Koch and Karl otto Koch (yes, of those kochs) who ran the place.

After the war, the allies freed the prisoners and heard the stories of what had been going on.
They were so shocked that they decided to interrogate the nearby townspeople and ask them why no one did anything.
All of them gave pretty much the same answer, that it was all fabrications and lies by the allies, or that the stories were simply too outlandish to be believed.
An allied general, whose name i forget, decided to force them to take a tour of the place and show them first hand what they had allowed.
On the way over there the mood was much like a picnic, people joking and laughing etc. After the tour they were decimated, and no one said a word for hours.
This seems to be a scenario played out on a global scale now, with people simply refusing to look until they are forced to.

5 Likes

Perhaps ‘devastated’ but I get what you are saying. How is it that this human species has such tendencies and how is it that some of us resist? - Thanks.

2 Likes

Sounds pretty much like what the majority of folks in this country have allowed both the Democrats and Republicans to do this past 50 to 60 years.

Government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Horseshit!

The word Rich was conveniently left out in front of the word people.

Suckers the lot of us, with a few exceptions.

4 Likes

Yes, that was the word i was going for, thank you.

Indeed. Back when the constitution was written the only people allowed to vote were white land owning men.
Women could not vote and black people were considered livestock.
“We the people” has never meant all the people.

1 Like

Every time one votes for a Duopoly politician in a state or federal election, they change the original wording of the Constitution, to, "We the Sheeple…"

2 Likes

Increasing numbers of people today are having similar transformational experiences regarding Israel’s ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians. Here’s an actually honest and sane statement by Senator Mike Gravel.
“The two-state solution is dead. Let us take the obvious and humane path forward”

Here’s a great interview with Gravel, with comedian Jimmy Dore.
“Mike Gravel Smashes War Machine With Facts”

If enough people contribute to his presidential campaign he could get into one of the later debates. That would be transformational for the country.**

4 Likes

Here’s a fairly concise, yet fairly detailed, history of the Zionist project, suitable for sharing with skeptical friends and relatives. “War Profiteers and the Roots of the War on Terror.”

3 Likes

Shimon Peres wrote his autobiography very shortly before he died.

Highest recommendation amidst all this progressive correctness, especially for those who prefer ‘not to look’ !

No Room for Small Dreams: The Decisions That Made Israel Great