Home | About | Donate

Former Brazilian President Lula: It's Clear Marielle Franco's Assassination Was Premeditated

Former Brazilian President Lula: It's Clear Marielle Franco's Assassination Was Premeditated

Democracy Now!

In a Democracy Now! exclusive, we spend the hour with Brazil’s former President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who is now running for president again. We begin our discussion with the assassination of 38-year-old Rio city councilmember and human rights activist Marielle Franco, who was killed last week. Franco, who was a black lesbian, was known for her fierce criticism of police killings in Brazil’s impoverished favela neighborhoods. Her death comes at a pivotal moment for Brazil and the future of democracy in South America’s largest country.

I have to admit, I like the new Lula. The old one was entrenched in corruption. She was replaced by corruption. If she was back in office, she’d be back in the corruption - happily, again.

Remember about 5 years ago when the NSA warned us that what’s really happening with corruption is it lets even more corrupt people in and we have a take over by them? None of us are going to be slaves to an oligarchy. That oligarchy is the fool because they get wiped out by mafias and thugs when they root the system of law. We won’t have an organized big brother that watches us on computer much longer because the corrupt in charge cannot hold power. You can see it happening. We’re now usurped by other countries AND have major threats of South American drug lords taking over in 1/4th of the US right now which will kill our usurpers if they get in the way.

RIP Marielle Franco. Another hero to the planet killed. She knew what she was up against and bravely stood for human rights anyway. You can toss a coin who killed her - corporations most likely but I’ve noticed even drug lords kill whoever speaks against them - Musicians, Artists, journalists, activits - the ones who stand up for the planet and human rights are always the common targets of corrupt power mongers.