Home | About | Donate

Four Dems Voting to Advance Gorsuch Decried as 'Trump Collaborators'

Four Dems Voting to Advance Gorsuch Decried as 'Trump Collaborators'

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

The four Senate Democrats who voted Thursday to advance the nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court have been labeled "Trump collaborators" by one progressive activism group.

The Democrats who voted for cloture—and thus bucked their party's filibuster of the controversial nominee—were Michael Bennet of Colorado; Joe Donnelly of Indiana; Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota; and Joe Manchin of West Virginia.

Bennett is horrible. Traitor.

The above mentioned are certainly not Democrats.

The Four Horsemen of the Trumpocalypse, ushering in a time of Conquest, War, Famine, and Death.

They're part of the Duopoly.

They go where the money is. Accept it.

When the Republicans declared a year ago that a full year was not enough time to confirm a SCOTUS nominee, and that if elected NO candidate put forth by Hillary Clinton would be given a hearing in the Senate - no matter who the candidate was, no matter how long she was in office, no matter how many seats became open - what they were saying was that only far right-wing religious fundamentalist Republican extremists have a right to choose who sits on the ‘highest court in the land’. That is EXACTLY what they are telling us today, and now four Democrats are saying that they agree. This is no different and no less abhorrent than Taliban control. These extreme existential threats to our form of government and anyone who conspires with any of them need to be exiled from the body politic permanently. If the Democratic party does not excommunicate these A$$WIPES, cut all funding and declare them dead, they may as well acknowledge their status as a wing of the single National Fascist party. When the very existence of our democracy is under attack, the opposition's one and only duty is to OPPOSE, vigorously, fervently, and as if our lives depend on it - because they do! Anything less is treason.

They’re the right flank of a party that has steadily moved to the right in recent decades on economic issues and in regards to corporate power. They might be relatively conservative Democrats, but more than anything in regards to non-economic issues. I don’t see radical differences between what Gorsuch wants to do in regards to corporate power and the wealthy and what the Democrats have done through NAFTA, the WTO, what they tried to do with the TPP, the gutting of New Deal financial regulations, deregulating derivatives and financial capital, mass privatizations, the Telecommunications Act, their support of austerity, etc. There are differences, but not huge differences. After all, ten years ago, rats like this dominated the party and the corporate wing of the party is still firmly in control. We’re in this position in many ways because of that rotten party. Trump shouldn’t be president and the Republicans (a minority party that backs deeply unpopular policies) shouldn’t have any damn power.

Despite getting completely steamrolled by McConnell at every juncture of this travesty, Democrats will fund-raise off the Gorsuch confirmation.

So as far they're concerned, 'mission accomplished.'

The good news is that the Justice Democrats now have the four people to primary and to starting ridding of democratic party of the corporate toadies. Take those small donations and put them to focused use TYT.

'When Gorsuch casts the deciding vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, the American people will remember that Senators Bennet, Donnelly, Heitkamp, and Manchin helped make it possible'

One of the things that Democrats always said to me when I refused to vote for one was "If you don't vote for a Democrat, you'll get a right wing Supreme Court." Here is a perfect example of the fruits of the "lesser evil" tree.

Stay blind, Democrats...

Will they care as they count their bribes?

Direct Online Democracy

http://democracyos.org

Everyone has a price.

Direct Online Democracy

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/direct-democracy-party#/

May all four be "aborted" from their seats come 2018 and left to beg on the streets in their states/neighborhoods.

Primary these DINOS, especially Manchin, head of his own crime family.

I've met Heitcamp, and she is a sociopath with zero social skills.

I've not been able to say this too much over the last few years, but good on the Dems for filibustering.

Woe to repubs and McConnell who will rue the day they blew up the senate. It will come back to bite them, if Dems hold their nerve.

Manchin and Heidkamp are DINOs. And this is not the first time Bennet has sold out the people.

Contact these wolves:

Bennet:
Washington, D.C. Office
261 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: 202-224-5852
Fax: 202-228-5097

Donnellly:
WASHINGTON, D.C.
720 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
p: (202) 224-4814
f: (202) 224-5011

Heitkamp:
Washington Office

SH-516 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2043
Fax: (202) 224-7776

Manchin:
Washington, DC

306 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington DC, 20510
Phone: 202-224-3954
Fax: 202-228-0002

LOL and so very true.

I agree with you about Dems fundraising off the Gorsuch "fight." But of McConnell was going to steamroll the Dems; they had not option but get steamrolled. Frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised they got enough votes to filibuster and force McConnell to go nuke. He'll regret making that move.

I was kind of hoping, you know, because the Democrats constantly remind us that the Supreme Court is a good reason to choose them as the lesser of two evils, that they would have pursued the Garland nomination with a little more gusto. Instead Garland languished on a shelf for 290 days while McConnell steamrolled them and they...um...whined a little bit here and there.

Of course, like so many D-Party apologists here, they couldn't conceive of Hilary fumbling away the election to Trump. I mean, it was her turn and everything. But Putin. But Bernie Bros. But who could have known?

So, yeah fund-raising. Turns out that's what the democrats now do best.