Home | About | Donate

France's Esteemed Justice Minister Resigns Over Hollande's Terror Proposals

France's Esteemed Justice Minister Resigns Over Hollande's Terror Proposals

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

French justice minister Christiane Taubira, seen by many as a rare voice of compassion for marginalized communities, resigned unexpectedly on Wednesday over President François Hollande's controversial anti-terror proposals, saying, "Sometimes to resist means leaving."

"I left the government over a major political disagreement," Taubira told the BBC. "I am choosing to be true to myself, to my commitments, my battles and my relationships with other people."

She is a hero to me.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

She must've known that her principled presence in the government was invaluable and that she would be replaced by another of so many political tools.
Makes one wonder just what went on during that "warm" exchange with Hollande.

She resigned because of Hollande's Draconian pro terror laws. I hope she changes her mind about BDS. If she does, that will make her a true hero. If she doesn't, she will be like Tony Blair. Blair worked for peace in Ireland but more chaos in the ME.

Thank you for telling me about that. I was taken in by his propaganda machine. I did not know Gordon Brown took steps for peace in the Hillsboro Agreement. David Cameron is like Blair on Ireland as well as the Me. Brown is like them when it comes to the ME.