Home | About | Donate

'Free Handout to Insurance Industry': Trump Administration Tells Insurers They Don't Have to Cover Covid-19 Tests for Workers

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/25/free-handout-insurance-industry-trump-administration-tells-insurers-they-dont-have

1 Like

Four more years of these “handouts” and Americans won’t own anything.

7 Likes

So if you have regular insurance and you need to get tested, it is not covered like any other diagnostic testing that is covered by your insurance? What about treatment? Why is COVID treated as different from say the Flu or diabetes? What exactly is this guidance saying? That NO ONE’s health insurance needs to cover any COVID related anything at all?

9 Likes

Handouts to corporation is not news. Literally burying the truth about the raging epidemic is the news. Don’t test, don’t tell. Choke the testing so you can choke on the virus to save loot for the oligarchs.

5 Likes

Lee’s Law of Insurance:

If you could understand it, you wouldn’t buy it.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t take four years. Two and a half , maybe three.

1 Like

COVID-19 has indeed accelerated the GOP realizing its neofeudal paradise for the 1%, neofeudal hell for the rest of us.

Insurance coverage has not been an issue with COVID-19 testing where I live (in a blue state). After filling out a questionare most people seeking testing are told they don’t qualify for a test, confirming that testing availability isn’t much different than it was in March in many locations.

4 Likes

I have grown weary of this framing, that Trump did this by himself. Every congressional member, except one, is responsible for this. We all know this could have been avoided with EIM4A and UBI to the citizens, this would have required payments to a small amount of business that can’t survive with out customer traffic. All other businesses would have received payments from their customers, like nothing was out of the ordinary, and the citizens’ credit scores wouldn’t be in the crapper, and the economy would have rebounded faster, except for the industries that were tanking before the pandemic. None of this is radical, most other first world countries did this. But no one in our congress wanted to do that, except one, couldn’t enrich their donors doing that. As far as I’m concerned they’re all to blame for crashing this country, except one, they can all go to hell for helping Trump create a true “shithole country”.

7 Likes

Just another tactic to stop/slow down testing by this lying psychopath conman charading as something else.

2 Likes

I seriously doubt that under contract law proof of worker-funded covid-19 clear status can suddenly be imposed upon workers unless it falls under some general “fitness for duty” clause. When the SHTF it may blow back on this one. I hope for a class action suit finding a sane court if there are any left.

2 Likes

How does that work? My Doctor wrote an order for antibody COVID test, I had it done and insurance paid for it. Just like they paid for everything else my Doctor orders, like bloodwork, xrays, lab work, screenings etc.

These screenings for coronavirus should be free for everybody, even those without insurance.

2 Likes

‘Keep America Great’ has failed as tRump’s 2020 campaign slogan so it has been replaced with ‘Die Peons’.

4 Likes

The seeming ability of this corrupt regime to just declare policy with far-reaching consequences like this one just boggles - this is fascism and dictatorship - rule by executive fiat!

What are the actual consequences going to be? For workers? for families? For all citizens vulnerable to the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic rotten POS must pay! The dim-bulb (very) pence and seamy vermin are there to make this seem “official” no doubt the fine-print of this bunch of lying scum must be read carefully - Rep. Pallone seems to get it while most DINO fools are silent!

A more despicable criminal regime there has not been in living memory!- the weakness, silence, and craven complicity of the “opposition” party must be mentioned as well!

3 Likes

Of course. And yet, Rethuglicans cannot understand how their re-elections are in jeopardy. This disease and our sheltering has made think that perhaps the country needs to rethink it’s economy and “capitalism”. The obsession with wealth, not production, just the accumulation of wealth, seems to be the main concern. We’re overdue for an economic revamping.
One thing the Cheeto and minions can be proud of: in COVID-19 infections and deaths, We’re NUMBER 1! We’re NUMBER 1! We’re NUMBER 1!

4 Likes

I think tens of millions of Americans just threw their arms up into the air as they were having their coffee. WTF

4 Likes

When you see Seema Vermin in the photo you know that there is a big corporate welfare program close by…she never met a corporate welfare program she didn’t love.

5 Likes

Neofeudalism with the 99% reduced to serfs is indeed the GOP’s goal…serfin u.$.a. indeed !

1 Like

The executive, the legislative and the judiciary should have to pay for health care. Out of their pockets.

Make that the more effective, evil; especially, the DINO’S!

Trump and his criminal organization continue their unbroken string of everyday being worse than the day before, ever since that fateful ride down the escalator.

I’m in awe!

2 Likes