Home | About | Donate

Freedom for All Begins With Freedom for the Most Marginalized

Freedom for All Begins With Freedom for the Most Marginalized

Tracey L. Rogers

When I visited the African American Civil War Museum in Washington, D.C., a volunteer docent asked the following question: “Who freed the slaves after the Civil War?”

There were about 10 of us in the group. Some looked around wondering if it was a trick question, while others blurted out, “Abraham Lincoln!” After some time, the docent finally offered his response: “Enlisted slaves freed themselves, with the help of Union soldiers.”

This Democrat spoke about freedom yesterday during an interview with Meghna Chakrabarti (?) on WBUR’s On Point radio program. Worth a listen:

The biGoted Old Pricks that make up the Republican party are the first ones that must be sent to any wars they manufacture.

Everyone has to go and read Sojourner Truth’s speech, “And Ain’t I a Woman?” It’s perfect for ALL women today—and actually it’s perfect for all humans today. A giant of a woman, not just in height—but she could rival any person’s job for production. Strong physically and MENTALLY too. I hadn’t heard of her before because history often deletes the ones we really need to know. So for all people ----of all races, celebrate Sojourner—all month, and forever would be good too. : )

She’s my ultimate hero(ine).