Home | About | Donate

Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar Draws Ire for 'Accurately Describing How the Israel Lobby Works'

Any congressional democrat or independent that is willing, should wear a black bowler hat and carry a baseball bat to work for one day. Don’t answer any questions.
It’s time to kill the republican attitude of superiority, even if it means being threatening.

Just saw your post TomJohnson1. You stole my thunder. I agree.

Until everyone in the United States has a roof over there head - not a tent on the street - we have no business sending money anywhere in the world. Period. Until everyone in the United States has decent health care - not a sham insurance scam - we have no business sending money anywhere in the world. Until everyone in the United States has sufficient food to eat - we have no business sending money anywhere in the world.

Sounds like a marriage made in prison…oh, i mean heaven. The combination of two criminal families. How american.

True, but none of those things will really happen in my opinion, until we the 99% get control of the 900 # Gorilla; the egregious military budget with little or no accountability.

The documentary is simply called The Lobby. The Zionist have spent tons suppressing The Lobby ,… which is all you have to know about its truthfulness. You may have to use a search box other than the one with the big G as CIA Contractors may not show it in their list.

If I get a visit tonight, by those in big black SUVs with black windows, for expressing my ‘not so free speech’, maybe someone will notice I’m missing.

I’d find it difficult to shed a tear if someone offed Bolton and Pompeo. I don’t participate in violence and I recommend against it. But, you know, “stuff” happens

Nobody dares mention that the Palestinians are being held in an outdoor prison and the Legal bribes to congressmen and women are used to keep them quiet about how Israel is mistreating our fellow humans.

It is a lot more than about the Benjamin’s it is about the Millions of dollars Jewish organizations are throwing at congress so we will ignore how the Palestinians are being tortured by the chosen ones.

What a damn disgrace how the media is trying to portray this woman as an anti-Semite instead of bringing attention to the conditions the Palestinians are forced to live under.

I can’t say I’m shocked by the evidence our so-called representatives are whores, but it never ceases to amaze me how cheap of whores they are. They must be getting something in addition to money. It seems like it wouldn’t be that hard to raise enough money to outbid AIPAC and buy our own senator.

If you wonder why our young men and women are being killed in senseless wars in the Middle East it is because Israel controls our Defense Dept and our Congress.

With their Legal Bribes they have manipulated the Congress into ignoring the Barbaric treatment of the Palestinians.

Our country has become a puppet for Israeli religious fanatics. Obviously from Hillary’s daughter’s tweet her mother would have been a member of the Knesset if she had been elected.

Is there any politician out there who is not afraid of the Wrath of the Israeli lobby that will stand up for the Palestinians living under a brutal occupation?

I wrote my congressman and senators to complain about this outrageously unconstitutional legislation. Wyden has been unresponsive, so I’m sure he’s still committed to AIPAC over his duty to constituents. Merkley however, in spite of his usual progressive posturing, seems to be unable to find his footing on this issue. And neither are in the top 20 money takers from the Israel lobby from the open secrets link in the article, so what favor are they really chasing?

In Merkley’s form letter response January 10, 2019, he “shares my concern”:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about the inclusion of anti-Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) language in the Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act (S. 1). I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, the Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act is composed of four separate bills that would extend our security cooperation with Jordan, codify the Obama-era security assistance Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the United States and Israel, and strengthen accountability measures for the perpetrators of barbaric human rights abuses in the Syrian civil war. It also includes the Combating BDS Act, which would protect state and local governments that pass laws allowing localities to divest from companies that are engaged in BDS activities.

I share your concern about the inclusion of the controversial Combating BDS Act, particularly its implications for Americans’ constitutionally protected right to engage in boycotts and its possible impacts on a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I am also concerned that this bill is being brought to the floor at this time. The Senate’s priority should be to re-open the government and I will not support any legislation unless it ends the Trump shutdown, which is why I have voted against the Senate proceeding to consider this bill.

Then his form letter response on Friday appears to be accusing me of anti-Semitism:

Thank you for contacting me to share your view about the Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act (S. 1). I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, the Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act is composed of four separate bills that would extend our security cooperation with Jordan, codify the Obama-era security assistance Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the United States and Israel, and strengthen accountability measures for the perpetrators of human rights abuses in the Syrian civil war. Affirming our existing relationships in the region and holding the barbaric Assad regime in Syria accountable are important measures, which is why I supported these three bills when they were considered in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, of which I am a member.

The fourth bill in the Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act is the Combating Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) Act, which would protect state and local governments that pass laws allowing localities to divest from companies that are engaged in BDS activities against Israel. I have concerns about this provision’s implications for Americans’ constitutionally protected right to engage in boycotts.

I unequivocally condemn any anti-Semitic language and sentiments that seek to delegitimize the right of Israel to exist. Such rhetoric is hateful and entirely unacceptable, and too often anti-Semitism has been engaged in the BDS movement. At the same time peaceful protest has long been recognized as a protected form of free speech under the First Amendment, and I have concerns when governments use their authority to punish expressions of particular viewpoints, whether or not I personally agree with those views.

Because of these concerns, I voted against the Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act when the full Senate considered it on February 5, 2019. Please know that should other measures related to the U.S. interests in the Middle East come before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee or full Senate, I will keep your views in mind.

Me too. Tell the truth and shame the devil.

How predictable that DINO Dems, so in thrall to Israeli subversion and political pressure, have zero integrity in failing to stand for truth and US sovereignty against Israeli racism! The pro-Israel lobby, AIPAC, directs the American sycophant’s who rush to do Israel’s bidding!

It is shameful and treasonous that those who serve Israeli interests above the US (not the trump US, but the truth we fight-for) - those who hold first-loyalty to a racist war-criminal Apartheid entity called Israel! The use of “anti-Semitism” is a fraud used to silence critics of Israeli supremacist racism and the extermination of Palestinian culture, just like outlawing BDS critics of the Apartheid entity!

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/israel-jewish-white-supremacist-state-190207100801951.html - By Tony Greenstein

"Zionist propagandists have promoted the anti-Semitic fallacy that Israel is a Jewish state, which represents Judaism and thus all Jews. This fundamental canard is at the root of Zionist propaganda."

"Recognizing Israel as a Jewish supremacist state does not mean rejecting Jews or Judaism."

BDS! Never Forget the USS Liberty attack/killings, like the sellout pro-Israeli stooges have done!

Zionism IS Racism!

The original and only sin among The Washington Consensus is telling the truth about AIPAC and Sheldon Adelson’s funny $$$, among other RWers and Clinton Foundation donaters. That’s a giant no-no.
Congress folks like Omar and Tlaib will catch the wrath of Con. Kevin McCarthy and Dear Chelsie ( Who?–WTF ) too, apparently. What’s next; our deficit growing tax dollars being sent by the plane full to the Israel gov’t, for illegal home and settlement infrastructure building? No way! When we have a huge problem with the lack of affordable housing in America? What foundation and mega-billionaire is chipping in on that issue?
These political hacks in Congress, from AIPAC and other Jewish lobbies are off their meds.
We really need some more fresh faces in Congress.

Actually, AIPAC has so much more influence on our elections that Putin ever will.

I actually assumed that’s what you meant when I up-voted it.

Merkley’s response to whatever issue is always wishy-washy imo. He has, in the past, told me that the US must support Israel because it faces an existential threat from other countries in the region.

Wyden always sends an initial email, on whatever issue, that acknowledges receipt of yours, and says he’ll get back to you with a response, which he NEVER does. I’ve even written to ask him why the hell he sends out the initial response when he has no intention of following up–I’ve received no answer to that either. At the moment I am saving all his initial emails, until I have five or six, and then I’m going to send them all back to him, and ask where his promised responses are. I’m sure I won’t get an answer, but I just like messing with him.

And yes, he’s still bending over for whatever Israel wants. I think Oregonians need to start a campaign to get rid of his sorry butt when he comes up for re-election next time.

Absolutely! It is so refreshing to hear these new members of congress speaking the truth.

Back in the days when I used to write Wyden via snail mail, I’d sometimes get a response six months later that was so vague I literally couldn’t tell what issue he was responding to. These form letters are like corporate “hold” phone messages, that go like, “we value your business. Please wait and your concerns will be ignored in the order received.”