Home | About | Donate

Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar Draws Ire for 'Accurately Describing How the Israel Lobby Works'

When professors Walt and Mearsheimer wrote their excellent essay/analysis of the Israeli Lobby, AIPAC, et al, and its effects on America, they were immediately attacked by those Israeli-first organizations and subverters of US sovereignty. Such political retaliation is similar to the attacks on IIhan Omar for her truth telling. “The Lobby” has always attacked any critics of Israel and should be outlawed rather than the BDS Movement and those who gift that racist entity with $38 Billion as they have just done voted OUT of office for their treason and craven servitude to that Apartheid entity!!

BDS! It helped end Apartheid in South Africa, it will help bring down Israeli Apartheid!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

AIPAC has openly bragged it can take down any politician it has a problem with; and has done so. Piss them off and your next election will be besieged with well financed opposition.
Israel is an insult to the traditional humanism of most Jewish culture.

Actually one of Hitler’s first ideas was to ship them to another continent, but this wasn’t practical during a war. Seems the Zionists sort of agreed.

Thank you! I didn’t know it was available online now.

Finally someone with the courage to confront evil behavior and the cowards scurry for the safety of platitude. Go girl go. leave the cowards to their just reward… AIPAC doesn’t speak for the Jewish community it is a militaristic arm of the thug Netenyahu… Where was all the outrage when Israel recently murdered a sixteen year old Palestinian student. Total silence. Media, total silence.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I would agree with you, but there is really only Likud in Israel. Same as here - one party with two wings. Labor has been a joke there for decades (when Barak’s “peace plan” was unveiled in the 90s, even Jimmy Carter said the Palestinians couldn’t accept it because Israel was stealing all the water). So, Republicans and Democrats who support Israel (even so-called “Progressive” ones) are really supporting Likud. Just scream “security” and they all fall in line.

Our politics has been following their’s all too closely now for decades - incestuous duopoly in control (Likud and Likud-lite, Republican and Republican-lite), militarism (we even get our cops trained by the IDF), and anyone who questions or challenges the accepted line is smeared and called anti-Semitic (or here anti-Semitic, a Putin puppet, racist, misogynist, etc., etc., etc.). And the MSM spews out the party line - Israel is our ally! Israel is not our ally - we have become Israel’s b*tch.

Yes it is. Only difference: it’s legalized bribery.

What? That’s your take away from this article? Seriously?
smdh

I support Rep Omar’s truth telling about AIPAC and anyone else calling out the entrenched BS in government.

Go >expletive deleted< yourself.

I don’t care whether you are a real anti-Semite latching on to our conversation or if you are a Hasbara troll pretending to be an anti-Semite in order to defame BDS. Either way your garbage is disgusting and I wish you’d go away.

Mine was the first comment but has since been removed. I’ll try again; see whose thumb is on CD’s scales. pelosi, like my senators murray and cantwell are brides of aipac. I won’t capitalize those who don’t deserve it. If you want to know the limits of free speech, ask israel

In analyzing the history that lead to the Evangelical community to idolize Israel, and which, consequently, was exploited by Israel to make of the US a supplier of resources, I referred to that segment of Americans responsible for this behavior of the Jews as “American Scum.” CD decided to censure my posts.
What precisely isn’t true about my characterization of Evangelicals as American Scum? I believe they are actually far worse than scum. If you don’t understand this, my friends, I feel sorry for you - you are down the road of fascism in great measure because of the mental attitude and ignorance that empowered the American Scum.
Your ideological rigidity is opposite to that of Breitbart, but is not fundamentally different in its essence. I wish it were different.

I am of Jewish ancestry and know the history of the Jews very well. I am not anti-Semite, but the truth is the truth, even if you don’t like it.

So will the great “journalists” be asking the current runners for 2020 any of these important questions? Why do we continue to support Israel when they clearly have no intent of allowing the people of Palestine to be free and have a part of their homeland back? Why is the US pushing for regime change in Venezuela and not Saudi Arabia?

Not just silence. This very site, CommonDreams, censured two of my comments because I use the correct language to describe the segment of American society responsible for the rise of Evangelicals. I refer to both those who empowered the Evangelicals and the Evangelicals themselves as multi-colored American Scum. The Jews are just taking advantage of the American Scum. You can’t blame them for acting on their own self-interest (I am of Jewish ancestry, by the way.)

Clinton’s denouncement is “important” only because of her parents and the influence they still have over the DNC. It needs to be renounced over and over again as loudly and as often as possible.

Thing is, most of Israels oligarchy is also part of America’s oligarchy.
Take the Rothschilds for example, the premier oligarchic family in America for generations.
They are the ones responsible for the Balfour declaration, and subsequently the creation of Israel.
Control is by no means an overstatement.

While i detest religion in general, judeism really is a particularly nasty branch of the abrahamic death cults.
One could argue christianity is worse, it has certainly done more damage, but christians have also not been kicked out of over 100 countries.
Just look up the “kol nidre”, one of their most “holy” prayers, to get an idea of why that is.

You are spouting old anti-Semitic misinformation about Judaism.

You are spouting old and discredited hasbarah.
Wikipedia is about the least reliable source you can find on anything remotely political.

Here is a direct translation of the Kol Nidre:
All vows, obligations, oaths or anathemas, pledges of all names, which we have vowed, sworn, devoted, or bound ourselves to, from this day of atonement, until the next day of atonement (whose arrival we hope for in happiness) we repent, aforehand, of them all, they shall all be deemed absolved, forgiven, annulled, void and made of no effect; they shall not be binding, nor have any power; the vows shall not be reckoned as vows, the obligations shall not be obligatory, nor the oaths considered as oaths."
That is by no means the only reason the jewish religion has been historically despised all over the world, it was simply an example.