Home | About | Donate

Friedman at 50 Friedman Units: What Did We Do to Deserve This?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/14/friedman-50-friedman-units-what-did-we-do-deserve

2 Likes

I did not know that the Pulitzer Prize bar was set that low for an idiot like Friedman to win it 3 times. Sheesh!

10 Likes

Been avoiding this one for quite a while. Lower him into a latrine by his ankles with a brush in hand and he might just be useful.

7 Likes

What a good and well written article. Thank you.

Please summarize Paul Krugman for us.

7 Likes

Yuck! Ick! I feel like I took a shower and raw sewage came out of the tap. This dude is right up there with the Economic Liberty bunch. James M. Buchanan won the Noble Prize for Economics for this, which shows how right wing the Noble panels are.
However, one good thing came out of this article. I can add Friedman to my file of real-life sociopaths who have affected billions of people yet walk around freely, not confined to a maximum security facility on the Moon with Boris the Animal. And better to have his selfish venom spewed out in public to give the rest of us a heads up.

6 Likes

Thanks for will written article on little tommy and it’s sad he has a voice in print and tv in Amerika.

4 Likes

The headline made me think of Milton Friedman and Chicago Boys sewing Disaster Capitalism across the world starting in l973 Chile and moving thru South America to Eastern Europe. Naomi Klein exposed that in early 2000’s, Tom Friedman could be related. We need to shout from the mountains the devasation caused by these two men.

4 Likes

Apparently apologists for empire and capital are not so easily made extinct.

Quite the opposite. They are celebrated, especially at the “Liberal” NYT, NPR and MSNBC.

If we lived in a just world, Friedman would stand trial for supporting/cheer-leading, with his writings, the invasion and occupation of Iraq where close to a million people were slaughtered.

6 Likes

Thos. Friedman is the US Empire’s version of Julius Streicher.

1 Like

Just one of several winners which have totally devalued the Pulitzer for me. Just hope I never get one. I might have to shoot myself.
Hook, Line and Sinker Thommie Thumb Gunn
I didn’t pay a lot of attention to him until Flat World and that was a shark jump too far. He was talking in large part about my area of work, information tech. The fool could not have been more wrong.
He also could hardly have been more rewarded for his stupid. In the meantime true master like Stiglitz were ignored or disparaged.
That is the top realm of “journalism.”

If you didn’t click the link for Sarah Carr (about 40% in, ahead of the “We Are All French Now” inset), go back and do it. You owe yourself the great laugh.

2 Likes

As long as you work for the Fourth Estate that supports the Fourth Reich…YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A VOICE IN PRINT AND T.V.

Never read him. Never will.

I’ve read his columns a number of times, pure dreck. He’s of the same ilk as George Will, who can list a string of facts clearly leading to an obvious conclusion, and instead state that they mean the exact opposite.

1 Like

… instead he stands rewarded by … his peers.
— That should helps us understand the nature of those peers who have the U.S. itself hogtied and justifying its own lack of freedom, while proclaiming its “liberty” across the world.

When it comes to honoring the top Liars of the Land, you can see how he sets the standard.

Hats off to Belén Fernández.