Home | About | Donate

From 'Alarming Red Flag' to 'Something We Can Work With,' Campaigners Respond to Kerry as Biden Climate Envoy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/23/alarming-red-flag-something-we-can-work-campaigners-respond-kerry-biden-climate

Thinking that Kerry, a long time member of the establishment, has any desire to actually bring about real change regarding the climate and the environment is probably an exercise in self delusion.

19 Likes

Tomorrow the usual suspects: Hartmann, Miller, Sparks, etc will be selling this turd as something miraculous

Don’t want to post this twice, but I have a question:

~https://commons.commondreams.org/t/to-prevent-active-sabotage-of-his-agenda-biden-urged-to-clean-house-of-trump-loyalists-on-day-one/84410/8

4 Likes

Terry 49… Yes not surprisingly Biden is rolling out the cast of characters from the Establishment who are only interested in protecting the status quo way of doing things and to protecting their wealth, status and power.
The rapidly changing planet will not wait for them. Things have been set in motion by humanity.

Terry-this is for you the following passage…
"Humanity is at the threshold of great global change, world change on a scale never seen before, caused now by humanity’s misuse and overuse of the world, by human ignorance and human greed. It is a condition now that will affect the lives of every person.

Though few are yet aware of it, it is a global emergency. You have changed the chemistry of the atmosphere, of the waters and the soils. And now the world is changing—changing so rapidly, so dangerously, changing now in ways that will affect you more than you realize."… This is from the Revelation: “The Global Emergency” from “The New Message”.

9 Likes

Climate action, yes sir, full speed ahead!

Psst, hey, but just make sure the emergency brakes are on full at the same time, but don’t let anyone see it. Kick the can down the road Joe living up to his reputation.

8 Likes

We have state-of-the-art, full court press Kabuki coming at us.
Fasten your seat-belts

15 Likes

John Kerry will make a fine envoy to a foreign nation.

2 Likes

And, by the way, what ever happened to the wonderful honest Tulsi Gabbard?

3 Likes

If Kerry was the chief architect of the Paris agreement, that alone shows he is NOT qualified.

These people who think he is a good choice because his selection will appease republicans

need to let that reality sink in.

It means he will fail to do what is needed and you are celebrating failure.

10 Likes

We can make all of the pre judgements we want. The bottom line for action, reform, and change are all tied to the Georgia run off.

9 Likes

Considering that we couldn’t get the world (not just the US) to go along with anything tougher than the Paris Accord, the Paris Accord is the baseline we will need to work with.

Besides, obstructionists in congress would never allow something more substantial to pass, so it has to be non-binding.

More news: Janet Yellen will be Treasury. If anyone in a cabinet should be boring, it should be the person in charge of the Treasury. There are many avenues for change and progress. Monetary policy is generally not one of them.

He has proven to be effective in that roll.

2 Likes

That quote in your post is reminiscent of a scene from the marvelous 1951 version of A Christmas Carol where a young Jacob Marley advises Ebenezer Scrooge that a new world awaits him and that it will leave behind those people who are unable to cope in that world. But as their business prospered so did their greed and their avarice which would fit in well with today’s cut throat capitalist society.

4 Likes

gee, the 5th term of bill clinton. who knew?

oh yeah, half this community knew. the other half voted for it.

bon appetite!

11 Likes

(not sure if this is sarcastic or not - either way my reply is:)

Given Gabbard ended her campaign and endorsed Biden at the same time on March 19 but Sanders didn’t suspend his campaign until April 8, I presumed she was angling for a Biden cabinet position.

I don’t like Gabbard that much after a few key things she did to greatly disappoint me (one of which was endorsing Biden). But she’d be far better than anyone I’ve heard so far for Biden’s cabinet. That includes Kerry for this position (does he know anything about this at all?)

4 Likes

The unDemocratic Party is a party irrevocably corrupted dinosaurs, the corruption ingrained in their dna. They are barely (as in just barely) more committed to representing the best interests of the people at large than is the Trump Death Cult, and that’s only because it’s part of the fraudulent political model they’ve pretended to embrace in order to fool the people and stay in office. In recent years, they’ve been openly abandoning that false “party of the people” model they’ve used in recent decades as they lurch further to the right. Progressives place faith in the unDems at their peril, yet they’re compelled to. One has to wonder why.

7 Likes

I understand, but I was not being sarcastic.

1 Like

She is antiwar, and her being overlooked is glaring.

12 Likes

While the Biden’s administration takes shape, where is the shaping of the left opposition which was promised by the proponents of the lesser evil voting strategy.

One Sunrise protest…and is that all we can expect … no organised, coordinated mass movement from those progressives and liberals, who told us the Biden victory would be only the beginning. All the initiative is with the Biden camp.

9 Likes