Home | About | Donate

From 'Twelve More Years!' to 'Lock Her Up!' Trump Whips Proto-Fascist Michigan Crowd Into Frenzy

Maybe, but they do incredible damage first.

1 Like

As became clear in Senator Whitehouse’s presentation during the Supreme Court hearings, the Federalist Society and other right wing organizations have been laying the groundwork for this power play for decades. They see this as the best opportunity, and the most fascist-minded president, to bring everything to the surface.

In their minds, this is it. They may never have another opportunity like this again to finalize their long-developed undermining of whatever little democracy we have left. So we shouldn’t expect that they will concede even if there is a landslide against them.

They have stopgap strategies in place every step of the way, including, of course, a rigged Supreme Court. We also shouldn’t expect Republican governors to respect tradition and appoint electors based on the vote counts in their respective states. These governors will simply ignore conventions, much as GOP senators did throughout the Supreme Court nomination and hearings. They will appoint electors who are like-minded, right-wing zealots determined to foist a dictatorial autocracy on the rest of us. There is nothing too shameful and/or illegal that will hold them back.

After laying the groundwork for all these years, they are determined to succeed–even if they have to call on the armed right-wing fanatics we see cheering Trump at these rallies and making death threats against their political opponents.

We are in for a very rough ride these next three months! Hopefully, there are true patriots somewhere with the power to protect constitutional democracy.

9 Likes

Trump now knows his only hope is to encourage chaos and lawlessness from his base to disrupt the election enough to contest it, and depend on the SC to install him.
I don’t expect much at polling locations in firm blue or red states, but those of you in swing states, and there’s some new ones now, must be diligent. 10 states prohibit guns at polling places, some of them are swing states. Check the link below, scroll down and click on “guns in polling places”, and check the laws in your state. I would suggest those of you in these states report immediately, anyone who shows up at a polling location with a firearm, and force law enforcement to do their jobs if they refuse to take action. Loudly cite the law for your state, if they refuse to act, and inform poll workers immediately.

(h)ttps://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campagins/polling-places.aspx

6 Likes

Trump the criminal thug should’ve been arrested right on that podium he’s standing to never be seen again in public.

5 Likes

Yes, we all know Trump is a monster.

But what are the dems doing to stop him? He seems to break a new law every day, and all they do is approve his funding and powers.

Even for something so simple as to run a decent candidate against him, they come up with Biden.

Trump is a monster, but only because the dems let him be one.

12 Likes

To vote for this snake oil peddler in the 2016 election, a person already had to be about as stupid as is possible to imagine. Now after the horrendous record we’ve seen these past few years, its a far graver situation that there are even a meager few percent of the electorate who acknowledge this con-artist, much less actually stand in a gigantic, densely packed, pandemic stricken, unmasked crowd, and cheerlead for him prior to voting for him a second time. Even more perilous than that is the fact that Trump has a strong chance at winning; that Hillary’s lead at this time in 2016 was stronger than Biden’s is now, and that the phony opposition party, (democrats), are actually struggling to defeat the worst president in all of US history, and probably will lose to him, gifting him with a second term. You see there was no real study of what happened in 2016 by the democrats, they spent 3 and a half years blaming Russia for their loss last time, and never faced the fact that their constituency, the billionaire class, added up to only a few votes and that they would actually have to represent some citizens if they wanted people to vote for them. Republicans didn’t share that problem, because they have all the Christians voting for them; people who believe in dead people rising up, then floating into the sky, and walking on water and feeding millions with a single loaf of bread, you know idiots who can be easily led to believe anything no matter how ungrounded it is and how much it defies all reason. The only thing democrats have to offer, (again), is that the alternative, (Trump), is horrible, but what they cannot accept is that democrats also are horrible; the intelligent people know this and that is why few of them vote. Had the democrats instead done a little soul searching, and contemplated the real reason they cannot win, and when they do, only by a tiny margin, they might have arrived at a winning strategy that would keep on winning, but that would require them to be honest, to be introspective, and in short to be willing to represent Americans, this wont happen - and the onus is on the electorate to resolve the corruption problem, not on the corrupt democrats themselves.

7 Likes

I have already voted with zero issue out here in California. I even was assisted in placing my voting ballot right into the voting machine myself. However i fail to grasp the fact that in some other states politicians are allowed to deliberately interfere in voters rights by erecting artificial obstacles to control the outcomes.

4 Likes

The Dems are bringing lawyers to a gunfight.

9 Likes

I believe the potential and even an affinity for fascism has always been a part of the American culture. Truth is, Americans are a relatively ignorant and therefore easily influenced people. Fundamentalist religion and a wide variety of bigotries make many of us easy prey for influencers tending toward fascism and autocracy. And the bottom of the American barrel clearly gravitates to politics. It’s a breeding ground for creatures like Trump and so many others we’re seeing in the political arena.

Rarely is the decision we make in an election better defined. Of that, we’re provided example after example, day after day. It could be no better demonstrated than this latest story. Yes, we are presented with a very distasteful choice, a choice that we ought not have to make. But the suggestion that we don’t have a clearly and profoundly better choice is nonsense. We can opt for more of the same and still have reasonable hope to change things or we’ll have Trump’s insane brand of fascism and autocracy, unleashed and unbound. Anyone suggesting there’s no meaningful difference between those alternatives lives in fantasy.

9 Likes

They will be with us for years. They have been with us for centuries.

4 Likes

Well too many independent voters like myself so loathed Killery that they would voted for Trump. I ended up voting for Gill Stein of the green party despite the likelihood of losing. This time around there is no Killery to help Trump win.

1 Like

To borrow from your words, we are in for a very rough ride both before and during election day as the Trump supporters, including those domestic terrorists who are known as militia members, will do everything then can to undermine this election. The local police, state police, and the National Guard have to ask themselves where they stand, i.e. with the people, the U.S. Constitution, and the laws of this country or with the not so subtle fascism of Donald Trump. If they make the wrong choice then whatever bit of democracy that is left in this woeful country will soon be eradicated.

7 Likes

Here’s a good article laying it out

~https://newrepublic.com/article/159524/wisconsin-became-bastion-white-supremacy

2 Likes

We know trump and stephen miller sent militants/white supremacists’ to cities across the country to create violence and destruction and stir up the crowd.

We know that they are capable of violence and chaos.

4 Likes

You write that:

“I believe the potential and even an affinity for fascism has always been a part of the American culture. Truth is, Americans are a relatively ignorant and therefore easily influenced people.”

Indeed as Gore Vidal and Michael Parrenti also made those same germane observations in their books while George Carlin did the same thing during many of his shows and concerts.

4 Likes

I understand that your opinion is different from mine, but that gives you no reason to call my opinion nonsense.

From my point of view, you are the one living in a fantasy, but I value intelligent discussion, so I won’t say that.

3 Likes

It’s time to lose the “proto” in front of fascist.

6 Likes

Is Gill Stein a relative of Jill Stein? And while Hillary Clinton is not around in 2020 there are domestic terrorists such as the Proud Boys and the Three Percenters who will do all they can to intimidate and harass voters from now until this election is finally over. But then if Trump were to actually lose those thugs may still take to the streets in order to show their displeasure at the fact that their unhinged leader is no longer in charge of this country.

1 Like

Yes, the majority of my wealthy relatives love Trump; and many believe if Trump loses, it means the coming election was rigged. Progressives, you underestimate Trump at your own peril!

2 Likes

Yes, we know that that is the case though it appears that the mainstream media as well as the Democrats are trying to pretend that those domestic terrorists are not doing everything they can to disrupt this election and to intimidate people from voting, both in the next two weeks and on November 3.

2 Likes