Home | About | Donate

'Full Frontal Attack on Rule of Law': Trump Sanctions Top ICC Officials Probing US War Crimes in Afghanistan

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/02/full-frontal-attack-rule-law-trump-sanctions-top-icc-officials-probing-us-war-crimes

4 Likes

Most criminals and murderers refuse to accept being brought to justice.

The Orange Menace is one.

He will continue to abuse the powers of his office as long as the Department of Justice Attorney General Impersonator allows him to.

Soon, it will fall to We the People to rid our lives forever of his fucking face on TV.

7 Likes

Well, I for one won’t care about his post Potus depression.

7 Likes

The US can’t handle being investigated for WAR CRIMES! I hope Bensouda doesn’t crack, she’s already had one assassination attempt on her life!
They slander her with calling her a terrorist and a narcotics trafficker? What a joke! The International Crimes Counsel took over after the Nuremberg Trials because humanity needed a World Court for Justice, Human Rights and accountability for War Crimes and Genocide! This court has every right to investigate human rights crimes!
Send them all to The Hague, Ms. Bensouda!

13 Likes

Maybe I am missing something, but why does Trump and the US care about the ICC. The US has refused to be a part of the ICC since its inception.

4 Likes

I used to be mad as hell about the US sanctions regime.
Then I began to realize that it actually harms the US.

Individuals who are sanctioned often dig in their heels – I would bet these ICC officials will.
Countries who are sanctioned develop workarounds – and become stronger as a result.
And so many nations are sanctioned, that they’re allying with one another against the US.

Germany and others in the EU are being threatened with sanctions over Nord Stream 2.
Because they’re daring to buy Russian natgas through a pipeline – and Russia is sanctioned.
They’re laughing in Trump’s face and getting ready to sue if Trump actually follows through.

And China is shaking in its boots over US sanctions. So much so that they’re selling arms to Iran.

7 Likes

I’m thinking we should memorialize him by carving a marble statue of him and tossing it into a waste treatment pond along with the rest of the turds

4 Likes

Dump the Turd
On November 3rd

3 Likes

Here’s a slogan “Take a dump, Dump Trump!”

1 Like

I like to say " I’m going to take a donald and wipe my trump."

1 Like

“Pardon me, I need to go take a Trump”

1 Like

Trump does not come up with this stuff on his own, he’s too stoopid. It’s whoever has his ear that day. He has been spoonfed the far right agenda from the worst of the republicans since he entered office. Prior to becoming King, er, President, Trump didn’t give a flying flip about politics, policy, or governing. He’s a game show host, fer pete’s sakes.

6 Likes

As Alexander Solzhenitsyn once said, “Americans will be loosing their freedom.” Then, he went back to Russia.

~https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_ylt=AwrJ6STaDVBfZoMAEhRpCWVH;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj?q=Solzhenitsyn+and+putin&v_t=loki-tb-sb

1 Like

So what is the sanction? Is it being banned from the U.S? I can’t imagine either of these two principled individuals wanting to step foot in the U.S. at this time!

1 Like

Bingo! And right now Iranian engineering is developing exponentially. Especially in the area of military weapon technology.

Great thinking, ass holes in Washington DC.

2 Likes

I’m expecting an exodus of principled individuals to leave the country, but don’t expect it to be a large movement - there aren’t many principled persons here.

1 Like

I would caution that both the Chinese and Iranian regimes are far from bastions of freedom.

That said, they’ve been driven to unite – uneasily in Iran’s case, because China will hold the upper hand in every way – by those “ass holes in Washington DC.”

There are carrots. Then there are sticks. Apparently, the US now only has the former.

1 Like

Most certainly.

1 Like

To put it succinctly the ICC is merely a tiny bit of a pain in the ass for a nation we all know is well above any laws. Might makes right. Understood?

Lynn1:

“Prior to becoming King, er, President, Trump didn’t give a flying flip about politics, policy, or governing.”

It’s King. He should be addressed as His Royal Heinous.

3 Likes