Home | About | Donate

"Full Tranparency," Says Scaramucci, I'm Deleting My Past Public Statements

"Full Tranparency," Says Scaramucci, I'm Deleting My Past Public Statements

Common Dreams staff

Anthony Scaramucci, the newly-appointed communications director for President Donald Trump, wants the world to know he's only selectively deleting old tweets so his past public statements won't be "distraction" as he assumes his new role at the White House.

And so we wrote this headline about it.

Yawn.

Democrats are Republicans in sheep’s clothing, but Republicans can’t hide their monstrous lack of morals or scruples.

Just another Wall Street know-nothing mooching off a distracted public.

[quote=“CommonDreams, post:1, topic:43462”] "Keep deleting, #Mooch. We’ll take care of 'em for ya. — Cally " [/quote]

#Mooch” — That’s a good one!   Or – since “Only TWITS Twitter” – (and he’ll be kept busy kissing Dinkie Donnie’s bee-hind), how about this Bosch / Flemish version from the Heart of the Brabant:  “s’Mooch”?

[quote=“Sparklemahn, post:3, topic:43462”]   “Democrats are Republicans in sheep’s clothing.” [/quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaramouche Scaramuccia (literally “little skirmisher”), also known as Scaramouche or Scaramouch, is a stock clown character of the Italian commedia dell’arte.

“Fool Trans-Parentsy” – Does that make s’Mooch a swamp crittur in apprentice clown clothing?
Once SNL gets ahold of this, I wonder how long 'til “You’re Fired!”?

Where are the Cone-Heads now that we REALLY need them??

Welcome to the Ministry of Truth and its new director Anthony Scaramucci. And right out of the 1984 playbook he is erasing his own history. Good old George Orwell had the gift of insight, and one might even say prophecy, pretty strongly. Now excuse me while I go have my two minutes of hate. ;-(

Instead of " The Mooch " I voted for DJ Slicky Slime. Ya’ know, spinning all the hits from 1928 Chicago.

Scaramucci “deleting” his commenrd reminds me of Richard Nixon’s Press Secretary, Ron Ziegler saying that previous comments “inoperative.” But Scaramucci can’t say he didn’t say the things he niw says have been “deleted.” What can he say? “I thought I meant it when I said it and thought I it was all true, but I have come now to think otherwise.” Like children saying “I take it back!”

Since when have CommonDreams articles devolved into simply a reprint of what others #tweet about whatever happens to be the latest topic or transgression de jour?

Seriously!

I have come to this site more days than not over the past 15 years, but have found this recent style of “journalism” pretty sad. Most news pieces by a “staff writer” fit this lazy and rote mold. C’mon, CD! Interns are for making the coffee, NOT producing the content.

Trump’s new communications director has peculiar notion of what word “transparency” means

He also seems to have some strange ideas about what the term Public Statements means in the internet age. There’s no delete button for them.

In the overall scheme of things, this is basically a non-story. What do I care what tweets Scaramucci wrote in the past? I expect anyone picked by Trump is a miserable human being at this point. (I’m actually more interested if he picks somebody good like I think I heard Ralph Nader say on his radio hour (my new favorite podcast) about the head of the VA (David Shulkin) though I can’t find a good reference and he isn’t that well received by anybody else I can find).

Also, the “transparency” part I think is not saying the act is transparent, he is being transparent about doing the act (of deleting) - he didn’t delete without telling anybody.

As the saying goes, “You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.” No matter what spin this new payaso puts on the rubbish that comes out of the WH, the stink will remain. Another sycophant that has sold his soul to join the emperor’s “exercitus trumpus.” This “former” hedge fund fiend is not in it due to undying loyalty, he, like many others (especially with GS brand on their buttocks) sees mountains of money in his immediate future. Wonder how many stops he makes (not unlike his new-found orange friend) to preen in front of the mirrors lining the halls of the WH…?