Home | About | Donate

Fund to Unseat Susan Collins in 2020 Climbs to $500,000 as Leaked Doc Offers New Evidence Kavanaugh Clear Threat to Roe v. Wade

Fund to Unseat Susan Collins in 2020 Climbs to $500,000 as Leaked Doc Offers New Evidence Kavanaugh Clear Threat to Roe v. Wade

Julia Conley, staff writer

Demanding that Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) face consequences should she vote to confirm anti-choice extremist Judge Brett Kavanaugh for a lifetime appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court, healthcare activist Ady Barkan has successfully raised more than $500,000 for whomever challenges the four-term senator in 2020, should she vote for approval.

Dear Senator Susan Collins:
Vote NO on Kavanaugh. The life you save may be a friend, a relative, or any one of the citizens of Maine.

Klobuchar drilled down today on difference between accepted law vs precedent this afternoon. No surprise that Kavanaugh slipped and slithered in his response(s).
I was glad that Masie Hirono (HI) introduced several documents into the record yesterday about the metrics of how Kavanaugh has ruled in decisions in past rulings; hint, he’s almost always a descenter and writes and reflects in his descents, how he’d like the laws interpreted.
We seem to have ratfckery unbound in this particular judicial hearing, oodles of it.
The Show from Hell continues apace…

Demanding that Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) face consequences should she vote to confirm anti-choice extremist Judge Brett Kavanaugh for a lifetime appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court, healthcare activist Ady Barkan has successfully raised more than $500,000 for whomever challenges the four-term senator in 2020, should she vote for approval.

Now THIS is what “GRASSROOTS ACTION” is really all about!

Collins’ “moderate” brand is as phoney as a $3 bill.

Seeing how there is a K Street job that starts at no less than $2 million per year awaiting her after she retires from the US Senate or is voted out, there is zero chance she will vote against Kavanaugh or any other right wing judge.

Typical Rethuglican sellout. Collins is a disgrace and has no shame. Her nickname should be “Flip Flop”. Harry Reid said something telling about this awful woman - “We can only count on her vote when it doesn’t matter.”

I see little evidence that Susan Collins does much work for the people of Maine. I hope she gets clobbered in the next election and has to slither away and become a lobbyist or some other sleazy way to make lots of money. She is hopeless.

If they raised that much money so quickly just on Kavanaugh, it’s a clear sign they should vote Collins out regardless. Maine deserves representation that is unquestionably pro-choice and pro-Medicare For All. Susan Collins is a big fake, Maine. Elect someone you can count on, and who isn’t bought.

Actually she has never flip/flopped as she has never actually supported any progressive or moderate legislation. Every vote this dingbat has ever cast has been for the conservative establishment.
I blame the people of Maine, as they have fallen for her shtick for two decades.

This movement to unseat Sen. Susan Collins/R-Main is a great idea and
sad that it hasn’t happened earlier –

Looks like Kavanaugh will also go after birth control –

But this is obviously a “White Power” candidate by order of the deranged “White Male
Supremacist” in the White House and his corrupt and criminal administration.

Obviously, we also need 7 year limitations on Supreme Court Justices – possibly less.

The NO CONFIDENCE vote we are seeing where the Impeachment desires of the public
49% and the 25th Amendment/Incapacity issue are coming together should be enough to
STOP the Kavanaugh nomination from being confirmed.

We need new Presidential elections – and Pence should not be permitted to ascend to
the presidency.

PS: We also need investigations of Bash and Stephen Miller and the signal “flashed” at
the hearings for “White Power” which of course includes Kavanaugh.
This is again ICE/Immigrants and children separated from parents – 500 of them still not reunited.

What I meant by that was that she has said that she was leaning toward something that wasn’t in line with the usual asshole positions of the Rethug party (Murkowski does this as well) and then when the vote came she sold out to party dogma anyway. Yes, you’re right, the people of Maine are also to blame. She has provided more than enough evidence that she is a party hack and should be replaced.

HI brudebennett:
She might be awful in a lot of things, but sometimes having a tragic death in childbirth can change a person’s mind. I would not wish a death to lack of abortion care on anyone----even that awful Kavanaugh. : )

Collins has always been able to outspend her opponent. It doesn’t matter how many millions angry Democrats raise this weekend. Don’t be surprised (I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t run again) when the party rewards her for her loyalty.