Home | About | Donate

'Game Over' for Climate? Report Warns Warming Is Still Underestimated

It’s way, way worse than Al Gore ever portrayed, Wayne. You seem to frame this as a political swindle rather than as a scientific fact. Nor do you seem to understand the implications of it. Our species is about to become extinct, Wayne. Chew on that for a while.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve been seeing those numbers but needed additional clarification of what they actually mean. According to National Geographic’s recent documentary, “Before the Flood”, the U.S. and China are the two greatest consumers of fossil fuels but states, ( before the election of Donald Trump) , that there is a window of opportunity still open to us, if we take action now, to halt global warming. It cites China’s example of working hard towards adopting non-polluting forms of energy such as solar and, I believe it was Sweden’s, example of already becoming the first country on Earth the be 100% fossil-fuel free. With the Paris agreement moving to the action phase, will the rest of the world let it’s biggest polluter trash the whole process and bring destruction down on them as well? I doubt it. I hope our opposition to the scientific fact-deniers, Trump, et. al., can prevent them from carrying out their destructive plans before someone else does it for us.

1 Like

Yes, they are prepared for mass murder… with out really realizing they themselves… are committing suicide… dummies…

You have summed things up very well. I am pretty much the same page… the Democrats really did only give as little as possible toward making any progress on stopping climate change… the really hard choices, were not in their cards… Clinton would have still pushed for further oil production, while pointing to her big plan for renewable plans… all this would have done, would add to our overall energy production… but not reduce emissions… her plan was about the same as Obama’s … a “variety” of energy sources… now that… is bullshit…That is why I didn’t vote for her… I voted for Jill Stein… hoping she would get 5% so that the Green Party could get money to develop the party … seeing that she only got 1%… shows me exactly where we are at in this whole fight… NOWHERE…

1 Like

Follow the money, follow the money. Clinton is a creature of the 1% just as truly as is the Republican’t Party. DT isn’t really a member of any party but is a singularity with absolutely no control of his emotions or mouth when he is excited. He may do OK with a well followed regimen of proper medication, but I don’t think so. all evidence is to the contrary. Two years of this will seem like two forevers.

1 Like

It’s too little, too late. We are already 1.6 degrees C above baseline in 2016. At two degrees above baseline, the wheat supply dies off.

1 Like

Someone else suggested on another site that all we can do now is try to be decent human beings, more charitable, protective and concerned about whatever people we can connect with for as long as we can. Anyone who can, should, while there’s time and the means to do it. Most people won’t, because they don’t want to or can’t, and that’s been true for the whole history of our species. So, really, I don’t think it’s a tragedy that our species is doomed, just such a shame that so much that’s innocent and beautiful: animal, vegetable, the oceans, the fertile land itself, will be gone too.

1 Like

Great post.