Home | About | Donate

Gary Cohn Admits 'Once in a Lifetime' Chance to Cut Taxes for Rich Kept Him From Leaving After Charlottesville

Gary Cohn Admits 'Once in a Lifetime' Chance to Cut Taxes for Rich Kept Him From Leaving After Charlottesville

Common Dreams staff

Though President Donald Trump's top economic advisor Gary Cohn says he faced "enormous pressure" to resign his position from the administration after the president's disastrous equivocating on white supremacy and racism in the wake of violence protests by neo-nazis in Charlottesville, Virginia earlier this year, he made clear at a Thursday press conference why he opted to stay: a chance to give massive tax cuts to the nation's corporations and wealthy.

Cohn has his priorities straight ???..self-serving, greedy reprobate. Go back to Goldman where you belong with your fellow good-for-nothings.

Goons are running our country!

Or should I say “ruining” our country!

Meanwhile back at the ranch the business class is thrilled about the market. Yikes!

Gary Cohn’s words can be edited to: OINK.

One Billion cuts from the Golden Knife, we lay slain.

The ship is sinking Cohn. Make like a rat, and run.

Maybe Elon Musk can do the world a huge favor and offer these two, Cohn, his twin brother Kevin O"leary (CBC’s Lang & O’Leary Exchange), and a whole space ship full of these I got mine fat cat money grubbers a free tour on SpaceX to outer space, except leave them out there. Lets see if their Money Can Buy Them Love.

Hell must be one crowded place. Greedy, evil pricks. Short-term greed for a few at the expense of millions.

They want to pass this thing by Thanksgiving???but they can’t tell who gets hit with the 25% rate—believe me they know. They want to raise the tax on those at the bottom and eliminate the individual exemption ----this will in effect make no difference for low income people,but will take more out of your weekly pay check. And Trump wants an up front deduction for those that automate----or in simple language get rid of those pesky employee’s.

DON’T BE FOOLED-THIS IS THE NUMBER ONE ISSUE FOR THE CORPORATE ELITE AND THE DONALD----I WILL BET THE REAL PLAN IS ALREADY WRITTEN AND READY TO GO. This was a trial balloon to test the waters.

Conh and his cronies are so steeped in their fantasy ideology they have convinced themselves they know what they are doing. But will Cohn accept responsibility when the plan results in humanitarian crises, economic collapse, and the eventual dismantling of our democracy? Nope. He’ll disappear and pretend he did his best to “serve the American people.”

Corporations have been making large profits—and these profits go to stock buybacks and increasing salaries for those at the top. Cohn was asked about this and said it would benefit the economy. How do stock buybacks benefit the economy?

Just another greedy, hubristic right-wing sh*theel, just one in a ceaseless parade of them.
U$A!

Co-Ops look better all the time
10 Facts About Cooperative Enterprise
Benefits and Impacts of Cooperatives

for example:
Food co-ops spend more revenues locally, buy more products locally, buy more organic produce, recycle more plastic, and create more jobs than conventional grocers. For every $1,000 spent at a food co-op, $1,606 goes to the local economy; for every $1 million in sales, 9.3 jobs are created (Yes! Magazine 2013).

The Commons Movement

“Inventing a new global monetary system is – let us concede – unprecedented. But after twenty years of living in networked culture, it’s also safe to say that “the experts” never anticipated crazy ideas like Linux, wikis, social networking, Bittorrent, open design and manufacturing, 3D printing or Bitcoin, let alone that millions of users would adopt such innovations with breathtaking speed. What really needs adjusting is our imagination and courage.

People such as Cohn are the real “deplorables”. This statement applies to everyone in the top echelon of this mutant administration. Their greed is destroying this society.

Those who voted for Trump believing that he would bring back jobs and prosperity for the working class are in for a huge disappointment!

He’ll say, “I didn’t see it coming…”

Greed hiis imperative always before any other values, humane, social or environmental.

Watched this joke on C-Span also. This bozo could not keep a smirk off his face answering questions and was quick to exit after snubbing questions with pompous self importance. Like the entire Trump bandwagon of elitist snobs.