Home | About | Donate

Gaza Attack Pushed US Electrical Workers’ Union to Back Israel boycott

Gaza Attack Pushed US Electrical Workers’ Union to Back Israel boycott

Ali Abunimah

The United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America – known as UE – has voted to back the Palestinian call for boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) on Israel.

This makes it only the second national union in the United States, and the largest so far, to take such a step.

Palestinian trade unionists and activists are warmly welcoming the move.

UE represents more than 30,000 workers across the country in a range of private and public sector occupations.

Come on, even a bot can do better than that. It's like you're not even trying.

Why not give it another shot?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This BDS action by United Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers of America both amazes and heartens me.

It amazes me that a US mainstream labor union will support BDS. Regrettably, it is unimaginable that my union, Teamsters, would consider such a vote for justice.

It's heartening that more in the US awaken to the atrocities that we perpetrate in helping the Israelis destroy the Palestinians.

Peace.

Sanders supports the right of Palestinians to their own autonomous state and spoke against Israel's actions during Operation Protective Edge last year.

I didn't think bots could be lazy, yet here you are not even bothering to try.

Do bots get depressed? Is that it? Bibi's failure to kill off the Iran deal got you down?