Home | About | Donate

Gaza Trip: A Collaboration of Israeli Musicians, Palestinian Parkour Athletes and Just Humans

Gaza Trip: A Collaboration of Israeli Musicians, Palestinian Parkour Athletes and Just Humans

Marking the 28th anniversary of the little-noted Palestinian Independence Day, the Israeli indie punk group MALOX this week released a stunning music video for the title track of their "Gaza Trip" album featuring parkour practitioners soaring through a still-ravaged Gaza, where for many young men the sport offers a rare sense of liberation in their besieged lives. Arguing "it is part of our role as artists to talk about the Occupation," the band sought to "celebrate freedom of creation (and) movement" to help foster "a better human future."

Neil Young once described Jimi Hendrix's place among guitarists as not just being on a higher level, but in a whole other building.

That's where these crazy talented Urban Gymnasts must be among their peers, as well.

They were doing things, where even the daredevils that I grew up with would have drawn the line.

Reminiscent of Burt Lancaster's acrobatics on Pirate Ships and Ports of Call in "The Crimson Pirate"

No, but I watched his interview with Charlie Rose about the book.

I'm sorry I don't have time for a drawn-out mystery conversation. What's your point?