Home | About | Donate

Gearing Up for Possibility of Another Trump Shutdown, Airport Workers Ready Mass Protests in 80 Major Cities

Gearing Up for Possibility of Another Trump Shutdown, Airport Workers Ready Mass Protests in 80 Major Cities

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With congressional negotiators still working on a deal to keep the federal government open after the current stopgap funding measure expires on Friday, Feb. 15, airport workers are already planning mass protests for next Saturday in case the government shuts down again.

The Secret Service should be the first federal agency shut down in any governmental stoppage. Pay should be immediately suspended without backfilling after the fact for the 546 who comprise the three branches of government.

Could this be the start of total, non cooperation?

Teachers, nurses and airport workers unite!

Don’t worry, there will be no need for protests and strikes. Nancy and the rest of the third-way crowd are about to,make a deal with Trump.they will cave, and give him money for his wall, without ever even considering curbing the power of the American SS (ICE) or insisting that children be reunited with their parents and that the kidnappings stop. All in the same week we placed a bunch of fossil fuel cronies on a phony climate change council that has no power.
The Democratic sell out is about to start, with Nancy serving as the auctioneer.

Sigh. For a moment there, the sleeping giant that is the 99% seemed to stir in its sleep. I guess it was sleep apnea again.

I work for a major U.S. airline. I fully support all workers affected by this Trumpian Tantrum shutdown. I don’t think Republicans want a repeat. But in the words of Donald, “we’ll see what happens.”

WHat if all Air Traffic Controllers just walked off? Just don’t wait a month before you do it! Do it on Day 1

We need that general strike and everyone should be wearing yellow vests. It’s long past time for the People to show who’s boss. “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable” - JFK. “The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine” George Bernard Shaw

This is very encouraging. It’s about time that workers unite to use the only real power at their disposal. We desperately need to nurture a “yellow vest” attitude in this country, before we lose what little leverage that we have. Sacrifices will ensue, but will be absolutely necessary in order to gain any worthwhile concessions from our government
and the oligarchs that now own it.

Maybe Trump and Nancy should be reminded about HOOVERvilles-----and how the military tore down the hovels of vets who had gathered in D. C. who were asking for their pay—and the military even shot at the vets and their families while destroying those hovels. : (

REMIND Congress of past history----- please, because TRUMPvilles will be even more evil!

Like Trump and Nancy care about homeless veterans in 1932 (bonus army), today, or ever ?

Is there anyone who doubts it? If so, watch the You tube video of Nancy standing up and clapping at the SOTU speech by Trump.

I think you are probably right. I hope we are both wrong. I’m so angry. I don’t know how much more my blood pressure can take.

Hi Bookworm,

Want to greatly help your blood pressure and overall health?

Begin and maintain an all plant-based eating regimen.

It really works.

We can grow greedy people out of the masses one by one. But to retaliate a lot of people have to revolt all at the same moment.

I pray I’m wrong as well. I hope this is just some sort of political rope-a-dope, and that, in the end, Nancy will surprise us all by becoming an old school LBJ bleeding heart liberal.
The problem is that, if a “moderate” Clintonite Democrat wins the White House in 2020, Nancy will feel vindicated, and progressive legislation and genuine opposition the the conservative courts will be as dead as the dodo.

Having pancakes and pork sausage this morning. Sorry.

I’ve been a vegetarian( no egg or dairy either but not vegan) for decades. I am a normal weight and I exercise. Stress makes my BP soar. ( so do NSAIDs btw). It’s no cure all unfortunately.
I often think of Fred Rogers - vegetarian since adulthood, maintained a slim weight, swam 5 miles daily. Died of pancreatic cancer at 76 I think. Poor bastard…

Trump and Pelosi should be reminded of Marie Antoinette… at every opportunity.