Home | About | Donate

George Floyd Was Lynched

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/06/08/george-floyd-was-lynched

About five years ago I saw a graphic image that underscores the point of this excellent article. It was a map of the US with different sized circles representing numbers of Black People lynched in the past, all juxtaposed with circles of a different color representing Blacks killed by police. The numbers and geographic locations (mainly the South) almost exactly coincided. Police murders of Blacks are in effect modern lynchings. Iʻve tried to locate that map on the internet but no luck. Maybe someone here can offer a link?

Under the litany of the crimes against humanity by Obama, Hillary and Biden I would list Honduras, which never seems to be on anybodyʻs radar. Like her macabre dance on hearing of Gaddafiʻs execution, Hillary boasted of the 2009 coup she orchestrated in Honduras to replace a mildly liberal regime with one that is basically a front for the cartels. Immediately Berta Caceres was murdered and Honduras in 2012 because the murder capital of the world, with a femicide rate so high that the Guardian wrote an article about it. Neoliberal chic at its finest.

Let’s not forget —

Amy Cooper tried to SWAT Christian Cooper in Central Park.

“I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life.” - Amy Cooper

She was attempting a lynching by proxy cops.