Home | About | Donate

German Study: Alarming Levels of Dangerous Plastics in Children's Bodies

Anyone remember the movie “The Graduate” where the secret word for
success whispered to Dustin Hoffman was “PLASTIC”?

The word should have been HEMP – but HEMP was taken away from us long ago
for the benefit of those who owned lumber to be turned into paper or rope while destroying
our forests/trees.

Get in touch with HEMP – it can pretty much do anything, build anything you need,
including clothing and building shelter.

Plastic is in all of our systems now and it’s also raining PLASTIC!

And the industry also has the right now to “recycle” which means repeating the harm…

Adverse Health Effects of Plastics | Ecology Center
ecologycenter.org/factsheets/adverse-health
Adverse Health Effects of Plastics. Medical waste with PVC and pthalates is regularly incinerated causing public health effects from the relese of dioxins and mercury, including cancer, birth defects, hormonal changes, declining sperm counts, infertility, endometriosis, and immune system impairment.

More Recycling Won’t Solve Plastic Pollution - Scientific …
blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/more
Our huge problem with plastic is the result of a permissive legal framework that has allowed the uncontrolled rise of plastic pollution, despite clear evidence of the harm it causes to local …

Why is plastic harmful? – Plastic Pollution Coalition
plasticpollutioncoalition.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/
Plastic affects human health. Toxic chemicals leach out of plastic and are found in the blood and tissue of nearly all of us. Exposure to them is linked to cancers, birth defects, impaired immunity, endocrine disruption and other ailments. » Two broad classes of plastic-related chemicals are of critical concern for human health—bisphenol-A…

Deli counters once gave you your salads in paper/waxed containers -

Grocery store shelves had sodas in glass bottles and the bottles were
recycled with the true meaning of recycling – they were washed/sterilized and
new product put into them.
The LABELS were printed on the bottles and withstood the recycling.
Customers returned the empty bottles to grocery stores – usually rinsing them out
before returning them.
Now, even Paul Newman products are put into PLASTIC, obviously because they
can save on shipping costs. Same for all of the water we’re buying.

8 Likes

Not sure why these both have different playlists…

This appears to be the week before.

Here is another good one. Thanks for your post!

1 Like

Thanks . i’ll have a listen tomorrow .:sunglasses:

This article has a misleading title. PFOA is not a plastic, it is a component used in jsut one kind of plastic - Teflon - and other things like firefighting foams and formerly “Scotchguard™”.

Yes, PFOA is a very dangerous globally persistent substance - much worse than the Cs137 released by the past or future concievable nuclear power plant accidents (PFOA has a far longer half-life) but it is not “plastic” and so the title and lede paragraph of this article is misleading.

The right wing lives of fabricated facts, the left should not.

Hi Hemp, and people need to remember that a lot of the Founding Fathers grew hemp as it was and is a very useful product. In fact I read it was still used in our paper money–is that true? If yes, then the banks have been holding all the hemp! : )

1 Like

Hi webwalk,

(I don’t see enough of your granite wisdom to lean on around here lately, btw.)

Your disquisition on “research” brings to mind a guilty debt weighing on me: I’ve been desperately scrabbling for some time to conduct more reading into the microplastics mess. Indications mount that ubiquitous microplastics are as serious a contamination of the global ecosphere as CO2 in the atmosphere – and that’s worse than deadly serious.

A quick example of something we don’t know is illuminating. Take pure water, freeze it in tray A. Water suffused with microplastics, freeze it in tray B. Melting under sunlight will vary consistently for any two cubes from trays A and B, I expect, because solar irradiation doesn’t do the same thing to plastic as it does to ice.

Could be a junior high-school science project, right? But we can’t find hardly anything published on this little matter, which probably has something to do with how long the icecap hangs around, because, alas, the icecap is also full of microplastics.

Was I asking why you don’t post more frequently? Sorry, nevermind.

1 Like

It’s all about money my friend. Same reason cocaine and morphine were taken off the shelf.
Then their is the “Plastic Ono Band.”

Another great listen is “Brit Floyd” at the Red Rocks amphitheater.

Yeah let’s go back to the future .
Hemp can substitute for so many nonrewneable resources at a tenth of the cost.

1 Like

Yunzer –

and Helen –

Unfortunately, there’s always a money making gimmick involved –

This Is How Fluoride Made Its Way Into Your Water
dailyhealthpost.com/no-naturally-occurring

Fluoride is natural mineral found in water. It’s most present in groundwater, where its concentration levels vary according to the rocks and minerals in the area. Naturally occurring fluoride can protect against cavities (1). Unfortunately, this type of fluoride isn’t what’s being used in your tap water or toothpaste.

AND …

What is the Difference Between Natural Fluoride and the Kind That is Artificially Added to Our Water Supply?

On the heels of recent news that the fluoride in North American drinking water supplies is considered to be a neurotoxin according to a recent study in the top peer-review medical journal The Lancet, on par with some of the most notorious environmental toxins out there, many people are becoming more interested in the truth about fluoride.

Specifically, most people still do not know the difference between the naturally occurring calcium fluoride and other industrialized forms that are added to water supplies in North America (but not throughout most of Europe, and many other high-tech countries).

That’s because the term “fluoride” is often thrown around without making a distinction between these substances.

There are three types of fluoride used to “fluoridate” water supplies: Fluorosilicic acid, sodium fluorosilicate and sodium fluoride.

Fluorosilicic acid is the type most often used for cost reasons, and it is derived from phosphate fertilizers according to the CDC’s website.

The other two are created by adding either table salt or caustic soda to the mix.
What is the Difference Between Natural Fluoride and the Kind That is Artificially Added to Our Water Supply?

https://althealthworks.com/2366/what-is-the-difference-between-natural-fluoride-and-the-artificial-kind-in-our-water-supply/

From what I’ve read, “Fluoride” added to our water is by-product of the production of aluminum.

And those who care are trying to get ALUMINUM (for one) out of vaccines given to children.

1 Like

We have been using the same set of six or seven cast iron pans bought at a flea market 35 years ago.
One stainless frying pan for when we use a water medium.