Home | About | Donate

Giddiness and Treachery as 115th 'Bare Knuckles' Congress Sworn In

Giddiness and Treachery as 115th 'Bare Knuckles' Congress Sworn In

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

As the official swearing-in ceremony for the 115th Congress was underway on Tuesday, Republicans lawmakers and pundits said they were "beside themselves" with excitement over their unparalleled new power to enact the party's regressive agenda—making it clear they are willing to play dirty every step of the way.

People ( idiots) voted for Trump for jobs not to undo medicare and social security.

What a bunch of losers those people are. Disgusting. Their selfishness and greed has a noxious stench. One day, each of their karmic trains will roll into the station and they won't be smirking anymore. Shame on all of them. You reap what you sow.

And so the war on America, on the planet, on all things common sense, begins -- not with a whimper, but with a bang. Time to hunker down and prepare for a daily effort to resist. It's going to be a long two years -- let's hope it doesn't stretch beyond that.

This is the epitome of Repug arrogance - and it is likely to take them down. Eventually. Hopefully before the take the planet down with them.

Buyer's remorse. Just wait for it.

To all those who supported Trump goes the old saying," be careful what you ask for you may get it".

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing
to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home --
but not for housing. They are strong for labor -- but they are stronger
for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage -- the smaller the
minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for
all -- but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think
modern medical care and hospitals are fine -- for people who can afford
them. They consider electrical power a great blessing -- but only when
the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American
standard of living is a fine thing -- so long as it doesn't spread to all
the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much
that they would like to buy it."
- Harry S. Truman

. "Today's so-called 'conservatives' don't even know what the word
means. They think I've turned liberal because I believe a woman has a
right to an abortion. That's a decision that's up to the pregnant
woman, not up to the pope or some do-gooders or the Religious Right.
It's not a conservative issue at all."
- Barry Goldwater

"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however,
has never learned to walk forward."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy."
- Benjamin Disraeli

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze
them, they are not bothered at all by the facts."
- Bill Clinton

It's probably a legal issue ultimately, but most of this party's politicians are treading very close to sedition with their proposed policies.

It's only sedition if somebody says it is. If the people who make the laws, and enforce the laws and interpret the laws all agree that it isn't sedition, then it isn't. Who cares what common sense says?

A veritable herd of horrors with the multi-millionaires "Richie" Ryan and Jowls McConnell leading the pack. May their hubris take them straight to hell.

Sure enough.

It'll be a tempest in a teapot, then they'll return to indifference.

Thanks Hillary!

It may not be such a slam dunk for the tea baggers that are so excited. Already their move to gut the ethics agency has been knocked down by Trump himself in an endearing tweet. Paraphrasing, that they should be working on things like tax reform and healthcare, not ethics department.
They wan to get rid of the filibuster but Orin Hatch says, not so fast, we've been in the minority too many times to destroy our only way to stop dems.
See, it just isn't going to be like they hope. There are career Republicans that are worried about re-election and there are millions that will be at their throats if they continue in this destructive path.
Don't get me wrong, they'll do a lot of damage but it's not going to be a free for all like these fools think.

Let's hope so...in the meantime I'm wearing my cast iron undies....

Unfortunately people do not always reap what they sow. In fact the wrong people are often punished. These people are power hungry and sociopathic which means they are beyond redemption. Continue to live your values, and reach out to those who are in more need.

Hey, I've got a good one. Did any member of congress who voted to deregulate Wall Street even bother to ask the voters what they wanted? The answer is no- they did it anyway because they only cared about money. Bernie voted against deregulation. Ed Markey did also. However, the majority in congress on both sides voted to deregulate and Bill Clinton signed that into effect .

Of course, and they think that the public "forgot" about the recession.

Hillary is a private citizen. She is not part of the government.