Home | About | Donate

Girl Scouts Insist There Is Not One Type of Girl, Rejects Anti-Trans Donation

Awesome! The girl's seem to be the only ones with any balls!!!

"Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.

Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

********************************************************************* The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Film)

This brought a tear to my usually cynical, dry eyes. I'm afraid the world runs on money. Try living without it. I have. Very difficult and an organization like the Girl Scouts would cease to exist without money. Its the nature of the beast and while questioning motivations when money is in play is certainly a legitimate point...it is often used simply to discredit some groups as if, somehow we should all work for free. I was in a band once and some of the members thought we should play without remuneration. They were influenced by Joni Mitchell's song "Playin Real Good for Free." I pointed out Joni Mitchell did not play for free. We didn't last past the second gig.