Home | About | Donate

'Give Me Your tired and Your Poor... Who Can Stand on Their Own Two Feet': Trump Administration Re-Writes Statue of Liberty Greeting

You, unfortunately, are representative of what humanity has come to in this country. Shame!

4 Likes

Yes! No doubt about it, but how? Like I have posted before if voting mattered…it would be illegal!

2 Likes

Great new insight into the Statue’s message! There are always more than one or two ways to dissect periods of history, and the more insights the better. And the book was, indeed, Loaded.

2 Likes

“[W]ho can stand on their own two feet”

From someone whose preferred posture is standing on others’ necks

1 Like

Omfgg! Where in the Devil did all these filthy cockroaches “suddenly” come from? Germany’s Fascists and Nazis were not defeated in WWII? They were cryogenically preserved until a propitious moment in time, not the 50s, not the 60s or 70s, but yay! In the 2010s? Der Fuhrer Dump and the insider henchmen…

We’re in a giant Whack-a-Mole horror room.

You left out family/incest perps.

How absurd. When I first heard about this, I thought it was a spoof by the Yes Men.

Hi Derek. I wonder if you’d be in favor if extending your ‘merit’ based ideal to folk born in the US.

I expect that the words of the Declaration of Independence will be ‘updated’ to say:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights -unless they don’t measure up, in which case they forfeit these rights .”

they already are. the war on chronic pain patients right now is a broadside against the disabled under the guise of the Drug War.

our community is bearing the brunt of the euthanasia impulses of the ruling class.

we’re dying at rates only matched by the victims of our wars. and no one in this country gives a damn.

Duh no surprise, anyone paying attention to or studying the mid '60’s Republican Southern Strategy in school already knew the Republican Party purposely became the refuge of the nations intolerant. Now they are just reconfirming that fact for those that were not.

People wanting to move here should contribute, not consume resources.
The poem doesn’t say ‘give us your tired and poor yearning to eat free’.