Home | About | Donate

Giving the Bomb to Saudi Arabia’s Dr. Strangelove

Giving the Bomb to Saudi Arabia’s Dr. Strangelove

Chris Hedges

The most dangerous foreign policy decision of the Trump administration—and I know this is saying a lot—is its decision to share sensitive nuclear technology with Saudi Arabia and authorize U.S. companies to build nuclear reactors in that country. I spent seven years in the Middle East. I covered the despotic, repressive kingdom as the Middle East bureau chief for The New York Times.

1 Like

Once again, my neighbors must have heard me yell, several times and loudly actually while reading Hedges’ article.
Holy cats, this nuclear situation is a shyte show of epic proportions.
The Trumplethinskin admin has ripped off the lid, exposing just how phucking corrupt the military, energy sector, diplomatic and banking cartels really are. Insane Grifters, Inc.
Money money money as usual, driving the devil’s bargain, with international affects/effects that are truly abhorrent.

11 Likes

Worst idea yet from the Pumpkin Fuhrer. Chances are good he didn’t read any of those memos written for him and he signed off without a care. This story has been shoved aside by RussiaGate hysteria and other nonsense.

6 Likes

Having the “half-wit son-in-law” of the president in charge of negotiations with the Saudis, knowing he was rejected by those with ethical, moral, and legal qualifications, is perhaps one of the best reasons for the People of the United States of America to organize and overthrow this Criminal Organization posing as a legitimate governing body.

2 Likes

So, have we had enough yet?

Of course not. The walking dead are getting their tax return checks, so they are busy consuming. They might wake up from the noise of nukes hitting Iran and the Syrian border. But I wouldn’t count on them not going back to sleep shortly after.

1 Like

To my knowledge, Chris Hedges is the only journalist who has written about this blatantly
illegal plan in any detail. The implications of this deal are terrifying. So much for our quaint belief in the rule of law, or the separation of powers. Greed and money trump all notions of what is in the best interests of the American people.

This article is saying that this project was begun even before the inauguration, and that it has progressed steadily ever since. Meanwhile, the general public have been propagandized relentlessly into believing that the greatest threats to our security are: (a) North Korea: (b) Russia (c.) Iran; (d.) Venezuela. or: (e.) immigrants/refugees. (Pick your favorites with help from your favorite “media” choice.).

Meanwhile, the greedheads and psychopaths running the show in D.C. and Wall St. are about to sell WMD technology to the country from which 15 of the 19 Wahhabist hijackers originated!

2 Likes