Home | About | Donate

Glenn Greenwald Assaulted by Pro-Bolsonaro Journalist During Live Broadcast

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/07/glenn-greenwald-assaulted-pro-bolsonaro-journalist-during-live-broadcast

2 Likes

Just asking: is it safe for Glenn to stay in Brazil while stepping on the toes of fascists like Bolsonaro?

8 Likes

probably not. if they’ll toss Lula in jail, Greenwald ain’t gonna get any more protection.

I think he’s nuts for hanging around. But I respect his decision to stay and fight. Bolsonaro’s the real thing in terms of being a fascist. This isn’t a buffoon like Trump.

11 Likes

Yes I agree. Glenn Greenwald, please stay safe!

9 Likes

I know it is hard for some folks to accept, but there is a country government more corrupt than the Trump admin.

7 Likes

It wasn’t a “strike” it was more like a slap. The coward fights like a girl.

4 Likes

Quite a few actually.

1 Like

FORA Bolsonaro.

1 Like

At least Glenn landed one as he was restrained.

1 Like

The operative word, Kevin, is “coward”. We used to call those “sucker punches” back in the schoolyard.

3 Likes

Oh-oh! Now be prepared to be called a “sexist”!

1 Like

I wish that Glenn was trained in martial arts and had blocked the slap and kicked that reich-wing clown’s ass on live television.
I also wish that the guy who tried to assassinate earth-killer Bolsonaro during the Brazilian election campaign had better knife skills.

3 Likes

Oh-Oh! Watch out for the “Can’t we just all get along/Kumbaya” people, David!

2 Likes

I hear you, Carl. And I always tell them to read the memoirs of the Resistance against Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. Those who waited too long to use “violence” against evil people ended up under the boot of the evil people, allowing evil people to build mass movements of evil followers.
I used to be a pacifist, Buddhist, non-violent.
Then somebody tried to hurt the woman I was in love with.
If I hadn’t used violence, she’d have been hurt even worse.
Sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire.

5 Likes

And sometimes you just have to FIGHT, whether physically or verbally.

I ignored negative feedback on another thread after a comment of mine was misunderstood so I, unsuccessfully, tried to explain to no avail. So…I deleted all my comments around that and was then called a COWARD for it.

Sometimes I think I should just withdraw from political madness and take the way of my hero George Carlin, which follows:

4 Likes

I’m not sure if he connected, but if he did, it was a good one.

2 Likes

A real shame that asteroid wiped the dinosaurs off the earth.

4 Likes

Only the good die young. George was a great philosopher/comedian.

3 Likes

Historically speaking, running from fascists emboldens them. And it’s his home.

4 Likes

I can’t tell if Greenwald is courageous or has less self preservation than most but either way he is doing really great work in the face of fascism. If journalists in the U.S. had even a fraction of the bravery Greenwald has maybe we wouldn’t be currently seeing this resurgence of fascism across the world.

5 Likes