Home | About | Donate

Glenn Greenwald Assaulted by Pro-Bolsonaro Journalist During Live Broadcast

Ben Norton spots Google employee cheering the assault on Glenn Greenwald supports fascist Bolsonaro:

I saw the tweet just a few minutes ago, and it has been deleted. Glenn got a screnshot:

2 Likes

Glenn just posted a video comment:

1 Like

It is definitely not safe. He’s been asked about it a lot, and he basically tells people he’s taking all reasonable precautions. He talked about it on Democracy Now! in July:

“So, of course, the risks aren’t fun, but at the same time it’s very
gratifying to feel like you’re using the guarantee of a free press for
what it’s for, which is shining a light on the corrupt acts carried out in
the dark by the society’s most powerful actors.”

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s all you have left…

2 Likes

That’s sexist bullcrap.

1 Like

Hey Chris Hayes, this kerfuffle is far from “horrifying.” What is truly horrifying is the US and UK governments slowly murdering Julian Assange and torturing Chelsea Manning while your network, MSNBC, says and does nothing in response. This old guy’s slap isn’t any where near as hurtful as your network’s assault on journalism through omission.

7 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and link.

1 Like

Pro-Bolsonaro Journalist? Glenn said that he appeared on a “far right wing” radio news tip show, but many journalists from Jovem Pan criticize Bolsonaro. Augusto Nunes lost the reason when he started the agression, but this news is very weird.

Some media are using headlines framing this assault as neutral, as if either could have been responsible. Sort of like when Israel massacres Palestinian civilians, and headlines say “a battle happened.”

3 Likes

Here Matt Taibbi calls out another misleading headline:

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve written to him a couple of times to beg him to move his family and dogs outa there. He can fight fascism from anywhere, and he’s very little use to the good fight if he’s dead. (No, he never responded, but that’s ok. I’m glad this RWNJ didn’t injure him.)

1 Like

Nah, in this case, Greenwald is better for our planet and values if he’s fully alive and functional…not to mention his value to his and David’s kids.

Now, in the case of the Bielski brothers, I agree with your position.

Exactly my thoughts, but Glenn probably sees it differently.

Shanti, my guess is that the same hormones that made him try to hit the jerk again after the guys pulled them apart are part of what drives him to stay. Dunno about y’all, but I’m gonna keep writing to him; there are a couple of non-my-relative men whose demise would make part of my world utterly collapse, and Glenn is one of them.

Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Hell! I could have written THAT statement! (-:

1 Like

Somehow I wiped out my own post. Aack! Being certifiably nuts has it’s downside. Sigh…

2 Likes