Home | About | Donate

Global Covid-19 Cases Top 10 Million As HHS Secretary Warns 'Window is Closing' to Get Disease Back Under Control in US

Indeed Caroline there is new evidence all the time, traces of the virus in inflamed brain tissue of people that have died and are under 50y. The list of permanent damage to health is growing.

3 Likes

Otherwise healthy young patients are falling seriously ill with largely unknown PMIS (Pediatric Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome), which seems to follow COVID-19.

ttps://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/connecting-clues-doctors-treat-covid-linked-illness-children-200612111533814.html

1 Like

Indeed, as global warming increases, nature will continue to activate it’s immune system to rid the parasite that is US.

From epidemic to pandemic to endemic … nature has a vaccine.

1 Like

Looks like the global warming curve.

1 Like

Probably coming down with it herself. It would really help if we could take their Congressional Health Care away first.

4 Likes

For months USA (4% of global population) has had one quarter of global cases & deaths.

A brief history of USA COVID-19 cases (latest CDC numbers):

> WEEK    28 DAYS             CASES
>         ENDING          NEW       TOTAL
> 
>   4.  02/08/2020          11          11
>   8.  03/07/2020         264         275
>  12.  04/04/2020     304,551     304,826
>  16.  05/02/2020     817,783   1,122,609
>  20.  05/30/2020     638,894   1,761,503
>  24.  06/27/2020     742,672   2,504,175

The middle column roughly conveys our outbreak trajectory: taking off to new heights now.

The following graph zooms in on trajectories of the four worst national outbreaks, in which USA has just accelerated to retake the lead (in new cases per week) from Brazil:

~https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/weekly-covid-cases?tab=chart&time=2020-05-10…&country=BRA~IND~RUS~USA

2 Likes

To those who think that this is just a disease of the elderly.

This on some level reminds me of the “it’s just the flu” response.

There is much we don’t know about this virus.

Fortunately my young adult daughter (early 20’s) takes it as seriously as I do and shared this article with me over 2 weeks ago:

h-ttps://www.livescience.com/covid-19-double-lung-transplant.html
"How did a healthy woman in her 20s get to this point? There’s still so much we have yet to learn about COVID-19," Dr. Rade Tomic, a pulmonologist and medical director of the Lung Transplant Program at Northwestern Medicine, said in the statement.

3 Likes

The (Un)Affordable Care Act/ObamaCare is insurance peddled as healthcare.
A financial instrument intended to make fat cats fatter not to make people healthy.

Politicians like Biden and Pelosi would put some of the lipstick stripped off by Trump back on Obama’s pig and await more campaign slop.

8 Likes

I’m hearing anecdotal reports (nothing in the literature I’ve seen) of seizures in young folks (specifically: in frontline first-responders), from COVID-19. That fits with many reports of patients testing very low on oxygen, without having realized anything was off.

I’ll see your organ failures and raise you magic disappearing antibodies:

Studies Report Rapid Loss of COVID-19 Antibodies
The results, while preliminary, suggest that survivors of SARS-CoV-2 infection may be susceptible to reinfection within weeks or months.
~https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/studies-report-rapid-loss-of-covid-19-antibodies-67650

3 Likes

Despite the general incompetence of the ‘Disunited Petty Fiefdoms of America’ , it is quite possible that behind this disaster was a decision to allow the ‘pandemic’ to become ‘endemic’.

2 Likes

I count seven states today that were reducing their confirmed new case count of the past five days versus the previous five days. In order: Hawaii, the District of Columbia, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut and then Minnesota just barely made the list. That’s all. If your state isn’t listed, they’re accelerating into the pandemic and good luck with that.

Reopening isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

You can go look up your own state at ~http://quakerworks .net/statecoronavirusstatistics.htm

I wonder. If the issue of masks was put to a vote, or the issue of quarantine for that matter, and the prevailing rule was, “Wear a mask,” by democratic majority, would the anti-maskers still shout “Freedom” from the hilltops? On the other hand, if the prevailing rule was, “Masks are not obligatory,” would the pro-maskers shout “Fear the virus!” from the hilltops? Is either side of this dispute in favor of resolving the dispute through democratic means?

2 Likes

The intransitive verb is LIE.

which is why there is a more accurate term for speaker of the house: nanny implosie

1 Like

Well. Sounds like it’s just a sombitch when it comes to getting better from this coronavirus pandemic. Why gosh golly darn it sounds like them antibodies just ain’t worth a plug nickel! Fear fear fear is all

Thanks for the Obama hit. What a corporate Oreo he is. Just because the Repubs are awful doesn’t make the Dems palatable.

3 Likes

This is important too…

ttp://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.405.5725&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Some say because it disproportionately kills people of color. It is so hard to guess how insane people ‘think’.

The curve is accelerating more than it had before.