Home | About | Donate

Global Leaders Using Refugee Plight to Push Military Escalation

Global Leaders Using Refugee Plight to Push Military Escalation

Sarah Lazare, staff writer

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on Wednesday became the latest elected leader to use the plight of refugees in building a rhetorical case for military escalation towards Syria, despite numerous calls for wealthy nations to extend refuge—not bombs—as the humanitarian crisis worsens.

Reactionary leaders like Abbot are elected by cowardly conservatives and war profiteering oligarchs.

Abbott and his xenophobic conservabots and their predecessors in their elitist, corporatist club have their own solution to immigrants: round them up out on open water and then cram them into camps on islands off the Australian coast. These self-same xenophobes also treat the Aboriginal people like unwanted immigrants...who occupied the continent LONG before the Caucasian criminal element came ashore. Perhaps a long voyage on an overloaded boat would be in order for Abbott and his sycophantic gang...destination - Antarctica.

All according to plan - General Wesley Clark on Democracy Now: "I knew why, because I had been through the Pentagon right after 9/11. About 10 days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon, and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said, "Sir, you’ve got to come in and talk to me a second." He says, "We’ve made the decision we’re going to war with Iraq." I said, "We’re going to war with Iraq? Why?" He said, "I don’t know." He said, "I guess they don’t know what else to do." So I said, "Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al-Qaeda?" He said, "No, no." He says, "There’s nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq." He said, "I guess it’s like we don’t know what to do about terrorists, but we’ve got a good military, and we can take down governments." And he said, "I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail." So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, "Are we still going to war with Iraq?" And he said, "Oh, it’s worse than that." He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, "I just got this down from upstairs" — meaning the secretary of defense’s office — "today." And he said, "This is a memo that describes how we’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran." I said, "Is it classified?" He said, "Yes, sir." I said, "Well, don’t show it to me." -- we just scaled back our expectations.... for now. http://www.democracynow.org/2007/3/2/gen_wesley_clark_weighs_presidential_bid

What the h do they thing caused it Peace?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No. Those are the ones who finance and own him. Those who elect him are those who get their misinformation from the TV and the newspaper.

It's no coincidence that we have all these countries like England and Australia. Now wanting to send there jets to Syria to fight Isis. While at the same time Russia is building up there military presents in Syria. Putin ordered Russia's largest nuclear submarine to the Syrian coastline. WW3 is brewing and the powder keg is Syria.

The report of Putin sending the largest Nuclear Submarine to the Syrian coast. Comes from a Israel news source. So take it for what it's worth. Most of the original reports of a Russian buildup in Syria. Also came from Israel news sources.

Falls right in with the PNAC! We're a little behind schedule, but proceeding right along.
* When the PNAC (Project for a New American Century) was first proposed and published on the web, it described all of the steps to be taken for the US Fourth Reich to gain control of the world (Full Spectrum Domination) through military and economic means. It listed the nations and regions to be taken, and the necessity to build up the military to be capable of fighting multiple major wars simultaneously.
* There was one caveat toward the end. It was realized that the American Populace would not go along with this. What would be needed is a "New Pearl Harbor" to drag the populace along with the plan.
* Can you spell 911?
* I knew you could.
;-})

Tony "yes I am the evil guy from the Matrix" Abbott is just a pawn in the USAs game of Stratego that they have been playing with China for the last twenty years.
War has always created refugees. And perpetual war will create a never ending stream of refugees. Walls be be built. Many will die. This is only the beginning.

Bombing Assad helps ISIS.
Bombing ISIS helps Assad.
Bombing both helps no one - except those who manufacture bombs.

We should be helping the refugees, not the military industrial complex.

It's time to step back.

Germany has reached the civilized position of maximum education and a gently declining population that is very clear on the goal of using less per person.

Capitalism requires endless growth to infinity on a finite planet. Capitalists are herding a larger population to an industrial giant made up of immortal super citizens who need a growing labor force to hold wages at austerity for the common folk.

Abbott increases the bombing of Syria by Australian warplanes then he ups the number of Syrian refugees that Australia will take?

The man is clearly deranged and should be put in a nice padded cell somewhere and kept under sedation.

Never has Australia had such a fool as its leader!

Fool? Or just a lying puppet of Rupert Murdoch.

Conservatives are reactionaries and cowards that believe the oligarchy's media fear mongering and want to send your kids to fight and die for them.

Murdoch also supports Biden, another Zionist triangulator.

Please; don't pollute Antarctica.

Herr Harper stated that Canadians needed to do more in privately sponsoring refugees from Syria. He claimed to have been devastated by the picture of the little boy drowned on the beach.

He claims Canada' s goal of resettling 10000 refugees as one of the world's most generous and if elected will raise this to 25000.

What he fails to mention is the degree to which his government ensures these goals never met. He claims it would be irresponsible to let in terrorists so would be refugees need to submit to a screening process,.

To date after some 4 years a total of 2400 refugees have been allowed into Canada.

A Church group in Ontario sponsored a family over 4 years ago and that family remains in a refugee camp in Turkey on the paperwork.

Now added to all this a story little reported on. The Turkish press reported that Canadian embassies in Turkey and Jordan were actively seeking Syrians and peoples abroad to join the fight in Syria against Asaad.

" there military presents" - 'their military presence' would be correct !!
- makes you look a little ignorant when I am sure you really are not !

And let's remember that JEB was a signatory to PNAC.