Home | About | Donate

'Global War on Terror' Coincides with Dramatic Increase of Terrorism

'Global War on Terror' Coincides with Dramatic Increase of Terrorism

Tharanga Yakupitiyage, IPS News

In 2014, the number of lives lost to terrorism around the world increased by 80 percent, the highest level ever. The majority of such terrorist activity occurred in the largest refugee-producing nations, a Global Terrorism Index (GTI) showed.

The GTI, developed by the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP), comprehensively studies the patterns and impacts of terrorism globally.

A self evident statement given the States involved in this Global war on terror are committing acts of terrorism.

Added to that it their desire to see other actors commit said acts and so they help that along.

Shock and awe was an act of terror and there IS that legacy of operation Gladio.

While then report provides valuable information and statistics, some of which refute claims made by Western powers, the report is still essentially a view of terrorism from through the eyes of the West. Ask a citizen in Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, the Gaza strip and so many other countries if they think drones, overhead, bombs falling on hospitals and schools, wedding parties, leveling of entire neighborhoods to execute a potential terrorist - all compliments of Western powers or with the approval of Western powers - ask them for their definition of terrorism. Ask them who the terrorists are.

Malice aforethought writ large.
*Oded Yinon
*Brzezinski's "The Grand Chessboard"
*The Project for a New American Century

Every time such articles arise I am haunted by that "patriotic" tripe of a song by Lee Greenwood, "Proud to be an American."

Nations and religions are useful tools
for those who wish to exploit the fools.

Elect conservatives and war happens. And more cons are about to be elected.

My caption under the above picture:
THE THREE FACES OF EVIL!

Who knew that being a war criminal could be so much fun. They sure seem to be enjoying themselves.

"However, to tackle terrorism successfully, the underlying drivers of extremism must be addressed, the study underscored."
* I think they have under-reported the number of terrorist deaths. The ever expanding Fourth Reich with the most powerful Wehrmacht the world has ever seen has terrorized, slaughtered and made refugees of millions around the world.
* Oh, I forgot, that is "bringing Freedom and Democracy" to these nations. Anybody trying to protect their country, their village, their family, is a terrorist.
* The Ministry of Truth of the Fourth Reich really works overtime, doesn't it.
;-})

Hell, considering what they have gotten away with, false flag and all, they are just full of themselves.

First of all, September 11, 2001 was an inside job so those Americans should not count or at least use an * to denote justified circumspection. Bush-Cheney killed Afghans and Iraqis, over 8 years, with a recklessness not seen since America's genocidal war against Native Americans, but Americans can't be bothered with the blood of non-white skin.

The teary eyes of tens of thousands fawned all over Obama-Biden as some sort of messiah and all they got is more blood, wider wars and domestic destruction. Obama's wars span the world and the killing grows with drones and murderous air attacks by US poodles like Saudi Arabia and Israel using all US military industrial complex supplied munitions.

American subterfuge is responsible for assassinations and coup d'état the world over. Corrupting otherwise progressive governments to impose strict authoritarian rule and other oppressive strategies with which to threaten their citizens. Such draconian policies have forced millions of people to flee their homes and countries for safe harbor and are being met with police violence, in spite of the fact that such refugees are the consequence of American interference in sovereign countries.

Terrorism is the stock and trade of The Ugly American.

We have yet to see the Global War on Terror. Most likely a social embargo on all major corporate products and services, especially coming out of the USA, Saudi Arabia and Israel, in reality the true axis of evil, well, at least their corrupted governments.

my thought when i read the hadline. i would not use "coincides with." i would use "is one of the main causes of."

My caption under the above picture:
THE THREE FACES OF EVIL!....... "We speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil."
"Wanted for Crimes against the Earth and Humanity".

The "War on Terror" is the biggest scam in history. Mass murder for profit. If you want to see the real terrorists all you have to do is take note of the sponsors on the Sunday morning "political" shows with all the beltway boobs and talking tomatoes.

I'm beginning to think many Americans welcome being lied to. It absolves them of responsibility.

Elect "liberals" and you get the same.

Picture: Junior cracks another sick quip; puppet masters chortle.

You must be thinking of neo-liberals like Hillary and Obama.

My letter to Santa asks for investors to tell their brokers to divest their monies from war profiting. Before weapons were made to fight wars, now wars are started to sell weapons. I say "fight the rich not their wars"

You got one thing wrong – the US empire is the largest terrorist group in the entire world. Does nobody remember their murderous, genocidal, and highly criminal bombing, invasion, and occupation of Iraq?

A nation that glorifies it 's military prowess and claims exceptionalism, better shutter it's windows.