Home | About | Donate

Global Warming Decimating World Fisheries—And Studies Warn It's On Track to Get Worse Without Urgent Action

Global Warming Decimating World Fisheries—And Studies Warn It's On Track to Get Worse Without Urgent Action

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Rising ocean temperatures driven by human-generated greenhouse gases are already damaging the world's fisheries—and that toll is on track to get worse without urgent global action to cut planet-warming emissions.

There is a report available on Scientific America, that I am unable to link to because of lack of permission, that one of the main drivers to the drop in sea life is the drop in oxygen with the water. The drop is pretty dramatic and it’s happening rather quickly. I recommend you seek out the article, will help you a bit more of the picture.

These days, as a bonus with every meal of fish, you get a free side order of plastic particulates.

On the bright side, soylent green is people…

You people who can’t catch fish, or find fish at the grocery need to pull yourselves up by your Cod and Lobster straps. Otherwise you don’t deserve any fish. (sarcasm).

Please let’s get the science right. Phytoplankton is absorbing PCB laced marine microplastic. It is the beginning of the food chain, absorbs CO2 and creates most of our oxygen.The oceans are suffocating because PCB laced microplastic has reduced Plankton by half in my lifetime. One billion people will soon be hungry and will be joining millions more displaced hungry people fleeing war, drought, fire, storm, famine. Bees are failing, we have cut half our forests to feed people with beef. Man’s greatest motivator, hunger. It will be at our doors long before the tides.