Home | About | Donate

Glyphosate Found in 19 of 20 Beers and Wines Tested

Glyphosate Found in 19 of 20 Beers and Wines Tested

Olivia Rosane

Glyphosate—the active ingredient in Monsanto's Roundup weedkiller that some studies have linked to cancer—is also a secret ingredient in nearly 20 popular beers and wines.

0 Likes

Roundup is just really bad juju, period.
" Life is too short to drink bad beer " takes on a whole new level of meaning, here. Same for wine and other forms of hooch.
What you don’t know will, in fact, kill you. Besides, America’s cheap food policy has spoiled every bit of dirt it has come into contact with. Talk about the lowest common denominator and a race to the bottom.
Raise my wages to a " liveable " level and I’ll purchase the foodstuffs and drinking products that make for the good life and a healthier planet.

4 Likes

Drunk on profit

1 Like

1. why would anyone believe what any government statement when each agency has been awarded a “chief overseer” that is working hard to disassemble each agency. Plus each one of these jerks does their best to promote higher CO2, dioxins, promote ignorance and continue spewing pollutants everywhere.
  2. EPA ignored the water collected in Flint MI sent to then early in the Flint Water Crisis.
  3. Glyphosate is almost all of our foods for example 99% farms use glyphosate on most grain crops such as Wheat, Oats, Barley so even if you only have an occasional beer or wine that sh#t is cumulative in our bodies. Humans can consume a small amount of arsenic daily and eventually it will get you.
  4. There are too many science reports that prove the deleterious of glyphosate effects on the endocrine and nervous systems to name a few. I do not want to eat glyphosate with my meals.
5 Likes

Thankfully I don’t indulge in beers, and if I did it would be one of the Portland locals, like Burnside/Deschutes or Breakside Breweries.
And as the map clearly indicates, our area of the country uses the least amount of glysophate.

I did once squirt some in my eye many years ago before understanding what it was.
Not sure it is having an effect.

Anywho.

1 Like

There are many authors who have documented the ubiquitous presence of glyphosate that it is very difficult to eat foods without it. Unless we can be sure that a foodstuff is marked with the non-GMO butterfly and stamped organic we will not know what it contains. The agropetrochemical industry has been using it for decades and it has a very long life. Furthermore that same industry has refused to clearly mark foods that are genetically altered and there are much more that we know. Soybeans and corn were among the first and if you read labels you will find soybean oil and or corn oil used in many foodstuffs. The list of GMO products is quite long.

2 Likes

It makes it hard to buy local if you’re in the US.

I have another 400 square feet of garden going in within a couple weeks –

Step
by step

2 Likes

I buy no processed foods from the big manufacturers (General Mills/ Coke/Pepsi/Nabisco etc. )
I eat very few boxed or processed foods.
I buy organic corn ships from trader joe’s and niche cereal and oatmeal.
Other wise I make everything from scratch with organic produce.

But that’s just me.

1 Like

glad to hear that you are aware and able to feed yourself well

0 Likes

Deschutes tries to use as much non-GMO wheat and corn as possible, but they still use some.

It’s hard not to these days.

0 Likes

Yaay! Another perfect illustration of corporate rights. Another: Carcinogenic BpA in food packaging: yaay!
Carcinogenic BpA in ATM and retail store paper receipts: yaay! ALL of it perfectly legal. It’s not just Trump trying to kill us.

0 Likes

P.S. This is no more likely to happen than Trump going to prison:
“Due to glyphosate’s many health risks and its ubiquitous nature in our food, water and alcohol, the use of glyphosate in the U.S. should be banned unless and until it can be proven safe,” the U.S. PIRG study advised.

0 Likes

1 Like