Home | About | Donate

‘Go Home Trump’: Protesters Spell It Out on Utah Capitol Lawn Day Before Trump Attack on National Monuments

‘Go Home Trump’: Protesters Spell It Out on Utah Capitol Lawn Day Before Trump Attack on National Monuments

- Common Dreams staff

On Saturday, thousands of protesters angered by Trump's expected Monday attack on two national monuments in Utah rallied in Salt Lake City,  just two days ahead of his visit.

GO HOME TRUMP on the south lawn of the Utah State Capitol, Sunday, December 3, 2017.

Maybe it would be worthwhile to drill for oil in this a**h****'s fat head.

“Go To Hell Trump” seems more appropriate for the circumstances.

As all protests against the fascists, this will do absolutely no good at all. Maybe if the people of Utah had had enough awake-ness and intelligence to have voted out “Horrific Hatch”…

“The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only paradise we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need, if only we had the eyes to see.”
― Edward Abbey

Go straight to the Bear Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition to find out about the indigenous concerns

Link to WH petition :
Donald Trump: Resign as President of the United States in Violation of the Emoluments Clause. Release Your Tax Returns

I doubt it seriously that you will be heard by a crowd whose ears are attuned only to the sound of money flowing into their hands.

Trump and his ilk have no eyes to see with.

I can already imagine what would happen here in California if we had huge groups of our citizens stating their protest against Trump.

Wouldn’t it be funny if everyone showed up to protest tomorrow, only to discover that the asshole was already in jail in DC?
*What a party that would turn into!
;-})

(PLEASE NOTE: Having trouble editing comments as REPLY/SEND box can’t be seen …
Anyone else having that problem?)

Meanwhile, thought this might be the article which would be best to attach
these comments …

“A violation of liberty or rights is an impeachable offense - even if it is not itself a crime.”

Book World: A guide to impeach … someone

Impeachment: A Citizen’s Guide by Cass Sunstein

Hey, let’s talk about impeachment. You know, just in case it ever comes up.

Harvard law professor Cass Sunstein has written a concise, enlightening and argumentative history and guide to getting rid of presidents, but he insists he is not thinking of anyone in particular. Or, more accurately, he won’t tell us if he’s thinking of anyone in particular. “With the goal of neutrality in mind,” Sunstein writes in his opening chapter, “I am not going to speak of any current political figure. I am going to focus on the majesty, and the mystery, of impeachment under the U.S. Constitution.”

More recently, high elected officials have delivered their own definitions and rationales. In 1970, Gerald Ford, then a member of Congress, described an impeachable offense as whatever a majority of the House of Representatives believes it to be “at a given moment in history.” And House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi asserted this year that a president cannot be impeached unless he has broken the law.

“Both Ford and Pelosi got it fundamentally wrong,” Sunstein writes. “Their views make a mockery of the constitutional design.”

Based on his close reading of the founders and constitutional law, Sunstein notes, impeachment is a remedy available only “for egregious abuses of official authority.” It is in a president’s discharge of the duties of that office - or in the acquisition of the office - that impeachable offenses can occur. So criminal behavior is neither necessary nor sufficient to trigger impeachment. So while a crime is not absolutely necessary for impeachment, it is not sufficient to trigger impeachment, either. Sunstein binds impeachment to the revolutionary aims of the founders. “A violation of liberty or rights is an impeachable offense - even if it is not itself a crime.”

Peculation | Define Peculation at Dictionary.com
**www.dictionary.com/browse/peculation **

** verb (used with or without object), peculated, peculating. 1. to steal or take dishonestly (money, especially public funds, or property entrusted to one’s care); embezzle. Origin of peculate. **

The infatuation with fossil fuels and big money will continue to drive these individuals until both become obsolete.

Trump’s astonishing ignorance and loathsome contempt for all else beside himself and his love of money and exploitation is a clear and present danger to our republic and The Wild - to all that should be preserved and not raped.

I am astonished and angered at how easily trump, by executive fiat alone apparently, can roll-back so much that has gone before - how can such arrogance, willful ignorance, hubris, and pathology even exist in one person?..did those who created the national monuments not do all they could to make it impossible to undo? Will future leaders be strong enough to reverse the destruction trump has wrought?

He hates nature. Remember, his sons kills wild animals for sport.

Good grief, hope I do not live to a very old age- I would hate to see what else would happen.

My late mom was not for sale, and neither is our mother- mother Earth.

Utah voted for him. Guess they care more for the fetuses and future ones as well as Wal Mart then they do for mother earth.