Home | About | Donate

Go to Prison for Sharing Files? That's What Hollywood Wants in the Secret TPP Deal

Go to Prison for Sharing Files? That's What Hollywood Wants in the Secret TPP Deal

Maira Sutton

The Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement (TPP) poses massive threats to users in a dizzying number of ways.

I can still remember the first time I heard the term "intellectual property" - in the roaring neoliberal Clinton days. I cringed when I heard it, and still cringe when I hear it. I am entirely skeptical of the concept of "property" even when the "property" is land, shelter and other necessities all humans need. Proudhon wrote Qu'est-ce que la propriété? La propriété c'est le vol! (Property is theft!) But when human concepts themselves become "property" it goes beyond theft and reaches levels of insanity.

Can someone make the concept of Intellectual property intellectual property?

When I first herd of this TPP deal the first thing I thought of was Hollywood and its influence over the world.....They keep trying to circumvent the US laws and now they want to partner with other countries and use secrecy to to keep fighting for internet dominance..all corporations including the media companies want total supremacy over all of us.....Thanks Obama you piece of shit.