Home | About | Donate

'Going to Lead to Desperation for Millions': Wyden Slams GOP for Leaving Town as Unemployment Benefits Set to Expire

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/24/going-lead-desperation-millions-wyden-slams-gop-leaving-town-unemployment-benefits

5 Likes

Oh come on, give the poor Republicans some slack. They need a couple days off from endlessly talking and planning about how to screw and kill off the citizens, so they can enjoy their vacation homes and yachts. And as for the Democrats they need another excuse to jawbone about how bad the Republicans are while they themselves prepare to vote for whatever the Republicans come up with, because in the end they both work for their oligarch masters who are tired of having too many slaves to support.

12 Likes

Yup, just waiting for the next great Democratic Party sell out.

6 Likes

I’m certain the congressional democrats will use this time to organize and lead marches and protests arm in arm with their constituents.

I’m also certain that I will win the lottery even though I haven’t bought a ticket.

13 Likes

It’s looking more like they will be out of power in a few months so I take this as ‘scorched earth’, doing as much damage as possible as fast as possible.

7 Likes

Now that Bernie has sold out to Biden, looks like we will not have to wait long!

4 Likes

Trying to look ahead for 30 months.
The corona19 is here to stay.
We will continue our sad daily death counts.
Families do need financial supports.

Channel surfing. Caught Fox Tucker Carlson denying that children can get this virus.
Absolutely alarming to tell millions of his viewers this evil lie.

4 Likes

Hope he has children

5 Likes

Around this crowd
Gandhi and MLK would have packed heat.

4 Likes

At least some 10,000 people have seen the Wyden comment so far. When people get thrown out on the street without food to feed their families, revolution will not be far off.

11 Likes

Many of my relatives have children and they absolutely love Carlson and believe every lying word he says; one has to wonder why? Are they soooo brainwashed by Foxy News that they do not care about their own children?

6 Likes

The entire Dem Party should be out saying these things across every
channel and with every newspaper – constant interviews –

We see the GOP doing this all the time – even when things are overwhelmingly
good for them they do nothing but shoult, piss and moan. That’s their M.O.

While LIBERALS are working to keep their jobs and take care of their families –
but unless they get out into the streets they won’t be able to in the end.

3 Likes

I am concerned that this will have lasting health effects for our nations children.
Like polio did.
Mid March, I thought this was a Fort Detrick, Maryland fast war by Kissinger.
About to enter August and we know that every elder is going to have a tough time surviving.
This brings it into the long war status, like AIDS.

4 Likes

30 months from now - when the US death toll is 10,000,000+ and continuing, even the evangelical FOX viewers will have to face it.
You average Conservative brain will not grasp an issue until that issue jumps up and bites them in their own personal ass. We haven’t had enough dead yet force a tipping point for conservative brains

A Super Lock-down is coming. Maybe not for another 6 months, but …

5 Likes

they wouldn’t , and didn’t. And they had even worse creatures after them

1 Like

A few people will take gifts and loans from friends and relatives at first. That won’t last long. Then the social services departments will be overwhelmed along with food pantries and sleeping spots under bridges and overpasses.
Lastly the 7-11’s and gas stations will get robbed.

People are not going to freeze to death or eat tree bark for supper.

3 Likes

If inside, keep a few windows always open no matter the outside weather.
That is one mistake made in March.
Outdoors transmission by air movement is three to five out of 1,350 positives traced.

School buses can have windows open. Schools and hospitals need air handling resesigned and installed. to provide either positive pressure or a slight vaccumn as needed.

Tents provide frugal coasts for medical and educations.
High schools can have squads of 10 or eleven students who would attend three days each week - they stay in their room and teachers rotate. Adding Saturdays. 25% of class size are on campus at one time. Two shifts each day. A morning from 6 am to 11 am and second shift is 1PM to 6 PM. Some teachers have split shift. This is for chemistry, physics, math, debate, music. English, literature, geography, civics, government, can be e-learning.

We gotta get educations going. Too far behind already.

2 Likes

We had better get federally funded apprentice programs up and running. Many students are going to lose out on college attendance.

2 Likes

Federally recognized skilled trades after completing apprenticeship.
Companies and unions can finance the programs.

We only have auto shop and carpentry left here at nearby high school.
Please Add welding, machine shop, computor design and electrical.

Coding, hacking, agriculture, cooking and more can also be added to this future America.

2 Likes

I disagree because both Gandhi and MLK were committed to non-violence. To me, that is why both were assassinated because the fascist, elite have no answer for non violence except violence. To paraphrase: IF YOU WANT TO MELT THE ICE OF HATE YOU HAVE TO USE THE NONVIOLENT HEAT OF LOVE.

7 Likes