Home | About | Donate

'Good Chance,' Says Trump, I'll Declare National Emergency Declaration to Build Wall

'Good Chance,' Says Trump, I'll Declare National Emergency Declaration to Build Wall

Jon Queally, staff writer

President Donald Trump on Friday told reporters in the White House there's a "good chance" he will end up declaring a national emergency as a way to make an end run around Congressional funding authority even though legal experts have warned such an attempt would be constitutionally dubious.

By the colour of his face in the photo, looks like he’s ready to bust his head open.

1 Like

And yet, with this example as with the myriad others, Congress and the Courts sit back and watch while Don and his wrecking crew deconstruct the administrative state (as announced by Bannon TWO years ago), and hold the country hostage by propositions as this one.

6 Likes

This guy needs to be muzzled, straight jacketed and hauled out of the White House kicking and screaming all the way to a not very nice padded cell! Enough is enough! You lie? Goodbye! Impeach 'em out!

3 Likes

Looks like he has high blood preassure! If only…

They can sit back- but we cannot!

1 Like

Folks: Is it a stretch to say we may hear from Trump, in the future: that there is a good chance that he will declare martial law; especially, if the insane one does not get his insane wall!

6 Likes

Precisely. Just how bad does it “have to” get?

Agree. Wonder under what authority that would be carried out; police, military police, soldiers?
As with all else, the will must be there.

The most intellectually weak president in US history, the broadest opening for other countries to start working around the petrodollar, the coming collapse is going to be rough.

2 Likes

Yes,one has to wonder how bad it will have to get before THE COWARDS IN OUR CONGRESS invoke the 25th amendment! NUCLEAR WAR?

3 Likes

In my view, the only way that will happen is if millions of patriotic, citizens, MAKE A CITIZENS ARREST and surround OUR WHITE HOUSE and evict OUR TENANT.

5 Likes

Trump is the natiomal emergency…

3 Likes

Are you surprised? They take their orders from the same gaggle of billionaires who long ago decided America had “too much democracy”.
Trump ultimately serves the exact same agenda as they do, as evidenced by that fact that he is not only still breathing, but still in office.
Trump has one purpose and one purpose only, to keep the spotlight exclusively on himself while the dismantling of the last vestiges of government is systematically carried out in the background.
Ignore the rhetoric, this is a bipartisan effort.

4 Likes

No, I’m not surprised. Only dismayed that Congress and the Courts are letting this happen.

IMHO this is Trump’s way out of the trap he built for himself and then fell into.

1st declare an “emergency” with a lot of bluster, strum and blather, then when this “emergency” which wasn’t mentioned in the Intelligence Report this week, is challenged in court claim that he did his best but the Dems wouldn’t let him build the wall and now it is tied up in the courts!

Personally, I’d like to see a wall that 24 inches high and spells out TRUMPsWALL and is 10 feet long, built at an existing crossing so that all can see how really small his wall is.

2 Likes

The silver lining in this is if he does declare a national emergency, it will set a precedent so that should any progressive get to be president, as unlikely as that feels, they will be able to use that power to declare national emergencies on actual emergencies like Climate Change.

The media continues to fall for trump’s attempt to keep him The Headliner of each day. IGNORE HIM, as this current way keeps his ego inflated terribly!

Trump said, “there’s a good chance I will declare a national emergency”! Dis he also say something like, “I’ll still be a moron tomorrow too”?

2 Likes

Queally sez:
“President Donald Trump on Friday told reporters in the White House there’s a ‘good chance’ he will end up declaring a national emergency …”

Excellent news. Using Chump’s historical relationship with the truth as a guide, this means there is virtually no chance of such a declaration.