Home | About | Donate

Good Job, Little Man

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2019/08/26/good-job-little-man

5 Likes

Nice story.
“I’m so proud of my son”. You should be mom, and be proud of yourself also, your doing a great job as a parent.

9 Likes

“…and a little child shall lead them…”
–Isaiah 11:6 NKJV

(if that doesn’t sound too strange coming from this old atheist…)

11 Likes

A parent and someone who has worked with neonatal infants, I suggest and in fact believe that environment factors, parental love, guidance and consistency are extremely important forces in formation of our character. But watching those tiny infants in those incubators, I had to reflect that each one already had their own personality because they all behaved differently.

6 Likes

Just WONDERFUL!!! We need more POSITIVE stories like this, CD.; although, I know positives are hard to come by these days…

8 Likes

Hi GuildF312S:

LOL, and no ------that doesn’t sound strange coming from an atheist, because all religious works have some great thoughts, and considering how many people over the centuries have rewritten or deleted wonderful thoughts, or even added new ones----don’t worry if it works , use it. Maybe the Trump person will invite the 2 boys to the White House, and the prez will learn something about life! : ) The ,"Milk of Human Kindness is in a lot of kids, but somehow, and often, the sad adults seem to beat to it out of so many. : ( Kudos to the 2 boys in this instance and the 2 moms too! : )

4 Likes

Gee I hope this comment is somewhat in jest because that person never ever developed one iota of sensitivity toward others. That person and many others in positions of power only hear the voices in their head.

5 Likes

Nice story.
P.S. It’s spelled “minuscule.”

1 Like

Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

4 Likes

“…remember when you were young, you shone like the Sun?..”

3 Likes

It is the species that develops the most cooperation and compassion in relationship to its environment, not the most competitive, dog-eat-dog one. Darwin was reflecting on the experience of his English upper class ethos, fitting the facts to his own reality,not what really was going on. That led to the dreadful Social Darwinism, which linked in nicely with the Calvinist/Knox view that only the chosen of god were able to be rich, and the poor were already condemned sinners and bound for hell. These children are how humans are have evolved, up until the very recent few thousand years. This needs to be the front topic on all media in the US.

3 Likes

Hi Mary_Grayeske:
BUT, hope springs eternal-----and it is possible, that even for a moment , he could be impressed with the real humanity of both of those kids. Sometimes, weirdly, Trump has been known to have the instinct to do the right thing-----like talk to North Korea---- but it is an anomaly’------you never know what’s going to catch his attention----and I think the world would like to ----for at least once, see him be affected by kindness.

1 Like

Also to be reminded that things like this happen a kazillion times a day but the system has become so twisted that you’re considered ‘less than’ if you pay attention and celebrate the beauty and creative power it represents.
“You say you want a revooluutioonnn, well you know…” I think John nailed it.

1 Like

hey …even plain old fresh watermelon … 'tis the season …

Challenge you to see who can spit the seeds the farthest …

1 Like

Methinks there be magic in them there words!

1 Like

Yes…keep children away from him.

1 Like

Simpler…these children are who we are before ego develops. They are not self-aware yet, they are pure.

1 Like