Home | About | Donate

'Good to Have People Who Aren't Afraid': AOC, Tlaib, Pressley, and Khanna Win Seats on Committee Set to Probe Trump

'Good to Have People Who Aren't Afraid': AOC, Tlaib, Pressley, and Khanna Win Seats on Committee Set to Probe Trump

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Progressives applauded news Tuesday night that Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Rashida Tlaib (Mich.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.), and Ro Khanna (Calif.) all won seats on the powerful House Oversight Committee, which is gearing up to launch investigations into the Trump administration's seemingly countless conflicts of interest and other possible violations of federal law.

1 Like

Hot Damn, I love a good pig roast!

7 Likes

I’d be willing to bet these ladies have more Testosterone than all the Establishment Democratic men.

7 Likes

Pelosi is very shrewd. The DP establishment wants to appeal to voters by using the flimsiest of ‘platforms’ - ‘Trump bad’ - but these young rebels showed up and talked about real social programs. That embarrassed the DP folks, so Pelosi put them on the Oversight Committee where they’ll get to talk about RussiaRussiaRussia and the chimera of impeachment - and less about M4A and the Green New Deal. That’s exactly what Pelosi wants.

9 Likes

This article headline gave me a big shit eat’in grin that won’t go away.
Can they be assigned multiple committees?

5 Likes

If this committee turns out to be a platform for more Russia garbage, I’ll be extremely disappointed.

5 Likes

WiseOwl, yes, but — 99.9% of Americans don’t have AFI that they are only powerless ‘subjects’ of this Disguised Global Capitalist Empire which is run by the other 0.1% over-lords.

1 Like

Mr. Peabody, you must not have your iconic glasses on, eh?

Pelosi is a shameless aide to this dual-party Vichy-Political facade of faux-democracy, merely HQed in, and ‘posing’ as, our formerly promising and sometimes progressive country (PKA) America.

You may be more right than you imagine!

These young rebels may prove you worng, because I’m sure they can walk and chew gum.

5 Likes

Thanks Mr. P. Common Dreams needs to get off the Russia-gate Democratic
Party leadership (aka Hillary’s hegemony) fantasy before it’s too late; and dirty
Joe Biden gets in.

2 Likes

The Russia investigation is NOT garbage. You either have to be willfully blind, extremely obtuse or a Trump apologist, to think its garbage.

1 Like

Trump troll?

If all the Dems have as their plan is to go after Trump, then be prepared to go down again in 2020.

4 Likes

Ah honey, forget the toxicity of testosterone. The women, if they have REALLY been doing their homework, are going to demonstrate why the Iroquois Confederation was structured in such a way that the women exercised the final word on the Chiefs and leaders actions.

Most here are also probably aware that the Iroquois Confederation discussed their Great Law of Peace with Benjamin Franklin, and is acknowledged as a major contribution to the Bill of Rights. Pathetically, there are few places on the internet that document this. The only source I could find was F O R G O T T E N F O U N D E R S By Bruce E. Johansen
Worth downloading or buying to keep as a documentation of this.

5 Likes

Speaking of Dirty Joe:

3 Likes

We’re supposed to rejoice because these bright lights will now waste the next two years investigating Trump???
These appointments demonstrate the losing strategy of the Democratic Party–keep screaming about Trump instead of getting behind #MedicareForAll, #GreenNewDeal, and #EndTheWars.

3 Likes

Wanna take that false dichotomy down to the nitty gritty on the facts? I have no doubt that DNC hegemony strategies come into play, but I think you’ll find that most here relish the prospect of laying it all out under bright lights. To play it as a reason to be timid about demanding squeaky clean processes is a disservice to grassroots democracy.

1 Like

I can’t tell you how much I hope you’re wrong. In that these folks are beholden to an active base, I’m counting on them holding their feet to fire.

1 Like

glad someone got to this scam.

Pelosi wins again. What better way to sideline the new blood of your party then to place them somewhere where they can’t even touch the apple cart (cough Ways and Means cough)?

And the rank and file will bleat out approval while we waste another couple of years 'investigating" while Rome continues to literally burn.

But, hey, they can keep the 2 minutes hate schtick going.

6 Likes