Home | About | Donate

Google Illegally Surveilled, Interrogated, and Fired Workers Who Tried to Organize, NLRB Says

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/03/google-illegally-surveilled-interrogated-and-fired-workers-who-tried-organize-nlrb

Ooooooh Google’s in for a nasty slap on the wrist with a great big “tut-tut.” Soon to be followed by another $billion from the CIA.

3 Likes

It’s hard enough to find an honest man—but finding an honest corporation is even harder.
You are EVIL google. I guess I wlli have to leave you and find out if DuckDuckGo is any better.

2 Likes

I’ve been using DuckDuckGo fir several years, and I am very happy with their search results!

Hi jenniferny:
Thank you ----and so DuckDuckGo, it will be! : )

Remember back when Google’s motto was “don’t be evil”?

I heartily second those who use DuckDuckGo. I’ve been using it for a couple years now on the recommendation of a “paranoid” friend… Afterall, you have to be paranoid to think someone is using your search results against you…

2 Likes

Duck Duck Go is good. I switched to it many years ago. Abandoned Google for searches.

Hi WWSmith:

But—how evil google and others are in tracking people on the internet…I think that the 4th amendment and its ban on unreasonable search and seizure should apply to Americans who just want to check out a news article-----and on so many supposedly news sites-----the commercial and pop up crap are more than annoying----so much so that I will no longer go to quite a few sites.

The problem starts before the 4th Amendment. That only (supposedly) protects us from the government. The commercialization of your search history starts well before the government gets involved.

As the Silicon Valley saying goes - If you’re not paying for it, YOU are the product.

Hi WWSmith:

wow, that sounds true, but it also sounds very, very creepy. : (