Home | About | Donate

GOP Attack on Women Continues With House Vote to Deny Abortion Coverage

(In misplaced response to Mealouts) Indeed peaceful protest is a Constitutional right. But like Bush and Obama before him,Trump regards the Constitution as meaningless: note his felony charges against journalists for merely being present at the inauguration protests.

What most people fail to understand is that a felony charge, even if it results in acquittal, literally and forever destroys one's life. Unless one is obscenely wealthy, the six-figure cost of defense lawyers typically inflicts bankruptcy, and the mere fact of the charge -- again assuming acquittal (and unless one is either extremely privileged or astoundingly fortunate) -- forever afterward dooms one to a hopelessly wretched existence of minimum-wage jobs and dependence on the few remaining governmental stipends and services Trump will soon genocidally abolish.

I know of what I speak because in a journalism career that began in 1956 and is now winding down as I slowly die of congestive heart failure, I often witnessed such circumstances. Indeed my own career was forever crippled by a Civil-Rights-Movement-related misdemeanor arrest in 1963, never mind I (and everyone else so charged) were acquitted. Where political crimes are concerned, this has never been a forgiving nation -- the deceitful propaganda of the Bernadine Dohrn/Bill Ayres example not withstanding -- and now under Trump's reign as neo-Fuehrer, the U.S. is becoming as vengeful against dissidents as it was in antebellum times.

This is not to argue against peaceful resistance. It is, however, a warning to resistors to be aware of the malevolently escalated cost of resistance.

It is also to note the Trump Regime -- using the powers purposefully given it by the Clinton, Bush II and Obama regimes -- is penalizing peaceful protest as severely as violent protest. In terms of irremediable psychological devastation, there is no difference between 10 years in prison (as the arrested journalists now face) and a lifetime sentence -- an absolute truth if one is male, does not have the protection provided by membership in a criminal organization and is therefore the constant target of rapists and other such sociopaths.

Remember President Kennedy's statement: "those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable." Obviously the regime's intent is to provoke violence, then seize upon it as a rationale for arresting all its opponents and in all probability murdering all opposition leadership. Welcome to the Fourth Reich -- the ultimate fulfillment of the tyrannical schemes brought to the USian Homeland by the legions of Nazi war criminals given sanctuary here after the fall of the Third Reich.

My post above ("Indeed it is...") was intended for you, but ended up as a general comment (Microshaft strikes again in its constant and increasingly vicious war against open-source Firefox). My apology for the confusion, but I am not Nurd enough to know how to solve the problem save by rewriting the intro, for which thank goddess there was still time.

Excellent idea, save that the New Confederacy would consist of 30 states. (That's actually what happened in this election: the South, having culturally conquered the USian interior, with its theocratic ethos of hateful ignorance, just won the Civil War.)

Pro-Lifers epitomize Bertrand Russell's observation that "...Moralists love Religion, because it allows them to be Cruel with a Clear Conscience."

Scary scenario.

I was speaking, over the holidays, to my College Student Nephew's friend, a nice young fellow, who is now in the Armed Forces. I privately asked him if, given the order, would he fire on his Fellow Citizens.

His answer was a shrug, and the explanation "You gotta do what they tell you."

We have indeed become a nation of the violently obedient moral imbeciles sarcastically labeled in my youth as "Good Germans" (herein distinguished from the "Good Germans" rendered inanimately beneficent by 7.62x54mm Russian ball and its USian and British Empire counterparts. M2 Ball and Mk.VII Ball respectively.) The staggering preponderance of those who will unquestioningly obey whatever orders they are given -- precisely as they did at My Lai -- is why I believe the Trump victory marks the beginning of a Darkness such as our species has never experienced: Hitler's dream of a "thousand-year Reich" made unspeakably real, its omnipotence guaranteed by technologies of surveillance and death against which there is no possible defense.

Worse still -- obvious in the Trump Regime's relentlessly escalating war against femaleness -- is our overlords' recognition that under the malignant unnaturalness of patriarchy, every woman born is a potential revolutionary. Note for example how the righteous fury of the women of Petrograd's Lesnoy Textile Works began the Russian Revolution. Hence the JesuNazis' special targeting of unfettered femaleness in any and all forms.

Meanwhile the widespread existence of obedient killers like the soldier quoted above guarantees there can be no successful revolution from within the USian Homeland, just as the existence of thermonuclear weapons guarantees there can be no liberation from without. Thus even were there still a Soviet Union with the men and women of a Red Army dauntless and brave as those who defeated the Third Reich, it would make no difference.

Thus too the ultimate horror of our time: the ever-more-apparent likelihood Trump's victory may indeed be Fukuyama's "end of history."

Perfectly stated.... Thanks.

You have to realize, that if every woman, had every baby they became pregnant with, population would be so rampant, our situation would be even worse than it already is.... and I'll bet, that if you were raped by a stranger, or someone you knew...or your father or brother or cousin... you would have to consider your situation. Especially, if you are lower middle class or very poor. When you think about it, you realize, "Well, I am already here. I am already alive. So, I can make my life useful and productive, if I give my self the chance that I DESERVE, TO LIVE A FULL LIFE. Yes, you may think that is SELFISH.... but EVERYONE, HAVING EVERY BABY, IS ALSO SELFISH. This world an hold just so many people....
Listen, a woman can become pregnant from about 12 -45..... do you REALLY EXPECT THAT THERE ISN'T GOING TO BE A TIME WHEN SHE GETS PREGNANT AND SHOULDN'T BE?..... I really do not get you people. You make no sense at all... Do you really want every woman to be a baby carriage?..... That's it? Her life doesn't matter to you?....Must be you have always had enough. Enough money, enough food, enough emotional support and cannot imagine what it's like to struggle and feel "less than"... those who THINK they are better because they have MONEY. ..... NOW, ONE THING YOU MUST REMEMBER. THE LAW NOW STATES THAT WOMEN HAVE A CHOICE. IN OTHER WORDS..... NOT EVERY WOMAN ENDS UP DECIDING TO HAVE AN ABORTION. EVEY WOMAN WHO BECOMES PREGNANT UNEXPECTEDLY, OR MAYBE NOT ON PURPOSE, OR THE WRONG TIME, DECIDES TO GET ONE, BUT INSTEAD, SHE DECIDES TO HAVE THE CHILD. SO.... THAT IS WHY IT IS CHOICE. .... CHOICE, CHOICE.... CHOICE, .... and that is not the choice between latte or regular coffee.... this is something NO WOMAN wants to have to face. It is NOT .... a simple matter. Stop thinking in terms of women just callously terminating their pregnancies......and here is this.
"Based on available state-level data, an estimated 906,000 abortions took place in 2015.
In 2014, approximately 926,240 abortions took place in the U.S., down from 1.06 million in 2011, 1.21 million abortions in 2008, 1.2 million in 2005, 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2011, nearly 53 million legal abortions occurred in the U.S (AGI).
In 2013, approximately 16.7% of all U.S. pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) ended in abortion. This is down from 17.4% in 2012, 18% in 2011, and 18.6% in 2010 (CDC).
The annual number of legal induced abortions in the United States doubled between 1973 and 1979, and peaked in 1990. There was a slow but steady decline through the 1990's. Overall, the number of annual abortions decreased by 6% between 2000 and 2009, with temporary spikes in 2002 and 2006 (CDC)."

"89-92% of all abortions happen during the first trimester, prior to the 13th week of gestation (AGI/CDC)." There is more here....http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

Wwwooooww....unbelievable....

Patriarchal Males have long attempted to rob Women of the Power, given them Naturally, to Develop and Deliver the Progeny of our Species.

Carrying a pregnancy to term is a decision, rightly, in the Sole Purview of the Woman Involved.

That is their Rightful, Natural Power.

True RESPECT for Women is the great Missing Element, to Worldwide Peace and Justice.

I am very much for abortion but I can't help but wonder with birth control methods for both men and women available how "Kendre" could have one child with great difficulty and then have two more?! Why didn't she get contraceptives? Why didn't her husband have a vasectomy? It was their responsibility to ensure that the last two pregnancies didn't occur.

Conservatives are a bunch of baby killers but won't admit to it. The only time conservatives care about babies is when the babies are still in the mother's womb because controlling what can legally go on in the mother's womb also controls the mother. So, its really about controlling women's bodies because after all conservatives are patriarchal. Why are conservatives baby killers? They want to cut Medicaid funding. How does that kill babies? When a low income family prematurely delivers a low birth weight baby or a baby with severe medical conditions or congenital or genetic anomalies, the costs for the medical care quickly exceeds the low income family's ability to pay for those medical costs. Who is going to pay for those costs? Are Doctors going to have to deny medical care to those babies since the parents can't afford the medical care? Doing so would kill the babies. If you cut Medicaid funding and axe the Affordable Care Act, you will be killing babies. How can conservatives claim to be prolife when on the other hand they are trying to cut Medicaid spending and axe the Affordable Care Act? Conservatives are such a bunch of narrowminded, shallow thinking hypocrites. IMO, this is the sort of arguement that progressives need present to the republicans. You cut Medicaid funding and axe the ACA, you kill babies and have blood on your hands. Don't try to lie about being prolife for you are not after all.

There is no form of birth control that is 100% effective and abstinence isn't going to happen. Abstinence isn't even psychologically healthy. Vasectomies? Tubal ligations? Nope not 100%. Pregnancies are still known to happen. Biology is persistent.

I suppose you also advocate cutting Medicaid funding and repealing the Affordable Care Act. In such case, you will be killing babies. So don't talk to me about being against abortion because you would just be being a hypocrite. If low income people can't get the medical care their babies need, babies will die and you will be responsible for their deaths. So either support Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act, or be a baby killer. Those are the only two choices.

If intended sarcasm, that was a good one. I don't understand the question. Are asking just what is SS, or how this particular issue is a byproduct of it.

Thank YOU.

They won ??? Society certainly is going downhill. Perhaps it's an overdose of "reality TV.

Yes, I have heard that and remember most wars are based on organized religion.

Absolutely.

I read that book yrs ago-a terrifying picture of US political power. I hate religious fundamentalism in all forms, Christian, Jewish, Islam being the top three. I hate men having any place in the abortion discussion.