Home | About | Donate

GOP, Not Russia, Is Greater Threat to Free Elections

GOP, Not Russia, Is Greater Threat to Free Elections

Jesse Jackson

We all have heard about WikiLeaks and Russian interference in the 2016 election. The report of Special Counsel Robert Mueller has once more put that on the front pages. Too often lost in the furor, however, is the far more damaging TrikiLeaks — the tricks and laws used to suppress the vote by partisans, largely Republicans here at home.

4 Likes

The GOP & Israel are the greatest threats to elections. So much of the media harps on Russian interference in the elections when Israel & AIPAC helped Trump win. Every POTUS after WWII kowtowed to Israel but Trump went further by transferring the embassy to Jerusalem & saying Israel won the Golan Heights from Syria fair & square.

Voter ID is not the problem. ID’s are required in many instances to show you are not impersonating anyone. There are other ways of suppressing votes from minority voters. If Republicans do not want minorities including Blacks to vote Democratic, they should not pay them not to vote. They should convince them why they should switch parties.

3 Likes

GOP. Goofy Old Politicians. And that’s being kind. I am working on something more appropriate. Bastards. But that starts with a B.

2 Likes

Absolutely right! It’s really telling to me though that these republicans are proving that they don’t care one bit if Russians or any other foreign powers tamper with our elections as long as they do so on behalf of republicans. I wonder just what these republicans would do if Putin or the Chinese were to tamper with and hack into voting machines on behalf of democrats or the Green Party and against republicans. I’ll bet that then these republicans would start to care about this. These republicans are totally disgusting traitors to our democratic republic, every single one of them, and the American people had better wake up before it’s too late and we all lose our freedoms and our right to vote along with it! These republicans want dictatorship and not democracy. Republicans are the real fascist seditious coup. I say deport republicans and take the immigrants who truly want t become patriotic Americans. These republicans do not deserve to be Americans. If they love Russia so much then they ought to move there and stop poisoning and destroying this country with their vile unAmerican behavior. Shame!

1 Like

Right on Jesse! If you know anything about how undemocratic our electoral process is now and has been historically, “Russians meddling in our elections” is laughable. In Putin’s wildest wet dream he couldn’t meddle as much as our own oligarchy does. It’s amazing that corporate media and the DNC thought anybody would buy it. But hey, propaganda works…

3 Likes

Yippee! someone finally put this in Print. It should be on Bumper Stickers and yard signs. GOP threat to democracy.

Democrats elites and who get there voice heard need to be saying that daily. Wake up dnc, dccc and whatever else elite dems belong to. Wake up or move over.

1 Like

The election of 2016 was infiltrated and manipulated for Trump’s eventual victory from inside the United States. Would our “beloved” security state really admit the Russian thing happened if it did indeed happen? Whatever may have happened with “Russian influence,” it’s clearly the dolphins we need to fear next.