Home | About | Donate

GOP Tax Plan Declares War On Everyone Who Isn’t a Millionaire

GOP Tax Plan Declares War On Everyone Who Isn’t a Millionaire

Sheila Jackson Lee

Republicans have tried to trick us unto thinking this tax proposal is a way to help small businesses stay competitive. Don't fall for it.

Representatives of progressive political activist groups join members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus for a news conference outside the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. on Oct. 4, 2017. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Sheila Jackson Lee does not point out that people will die from this budget and tax reform. It is state sponsored manslaughter. I am one of those that will die. Disabled from birth, worked until age 40 and became classified as disabled. My whole life is dependent on the safety-net. My government is going to kill me in the long run. I wrote my Senators and ask them why they didn’t just shoot me, I got no answer. This slow death is damn painful. Maybe she’ll read this and take to the halls of Congress, for they know not what they do.

Most Congressional Democrats and all Congressional Republican “declared war on everyone who isn’t a millionaire” when they passed what Democrats continue to label “bipartisan 1986 tax reform”.

The current tax “reform” being drafted in Congress will expand the war to target even millionaires. Unless you have many millions you will come out on the short end of 2018 tax “reform”.

This tax plan is just more evidence that we don’t have a democracy. We have a plutocracy, an oligarchic plutocracy.

This tax plan is not designed to deliver what the majority want and would want if it understood its ramifications, yet those who offer it pretend otherwise. To treat them with respect is to lie: it suggests that we think they are genuine, and not the scurrilous hucksters for themselves and their rapacious donors that they really are.

It’s only a negative unless they make capital gains regular income and add a new top bracket for adjusted gross income over $1 million a year. A new top rate should be far more than half to discourage such ridiculous compensation for the contribution to society of that one cog in a multitude of cogs, all of which are replaceable!

“Another trick placing further strains on middle-class Americans is the elimination of the personal exemption, which deducts $4,050 for each taxpayer and dependent on a return from taxable income.”

A-ha. I keep hearing (from GOP congressmen, of course) that the tax bill is wonderful for ordinary folks because it doubles the standard deduction, which, if I remember from less than a year ago, is less than the personal exemption. Not sure why nobody mentions this.