Home | About | Donate

Government DO SOMETHING

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/11/11/government-do-something

3 Likes

Many must wonder why he, Trump, was spared. It isn’t just his “good genes” but the stellar care he received payed for the very people he abuses with criminal neglect when most of the nation’s people either don’t have access at all to healthcare for lack of unaffordable private insurance or they have inferior coverage. So, the entire system and all those who refuse–refuse–to do what is right and pass a single-payer health insurance–are complicit in this along with the irresponsible many who refuse to consider the health of others.

7 Likes

Agreed

Yet this albatross hangs on the neck of Republican Lies and Denial

The words of Captain Ahab

“From hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee”

3 Likes

Then again, there’s a good possibility that reports of Trump having contracted the virus were patently false, and his exceedingly brief hospitalization for “the Covid” was nothing more than a diversionary tactic typical of a raging narcissist.

4 Likes

In his last days, when Hitler finally recognized the inevitable, as Russian troops advanced on Berlin; he ordered all German infrastructure to be destroyed. The German people had failed him he said, and deserved starvation. Fortunately Albert Speer and one general prevented most of that from being carried out.

It is sort of like the guy who, when jilted, kills his girlfriend or wife. If he can’t have her no one will.

Trump is exhibiting the same utterly depraved, evil mentality.

6 Likes

Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and you’re O.K.
Money, it’s a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I’ll buy me a football team

Money, get back
I’m all right, Jack, keep your hands off of my stack.
Money, it’s a hit
Don’t give me that do goody good bullshit
I’m in the high-fidelity first-class traveling set
And I think I need a Learjet

Money, it’s a crime
Share it fairly but don’t take a slice of my pie
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it’s no surprise that they’re giving none away

Roger Waters

3 Likes

In the last line it’s “a raise” not “a rise.” We Americans aren’t used to hearing English accents. But thanks for posting–these lyrics are just as relevant today as when they were written.

1 Like

Hi ErnestineBass:
Yes, I thought the same. Trump had something as his eyes looked red and puffy during debate # 1--------but a 3 day turn around? That’s ridiculous. Weirdly too Pence is said to not have it either—and yet people around him were dropping like flies. But then too, Boris was said to have Covid also—and he was on a ventilator for a few weeks, and yet, he emerged as fat as ever…how could that be? Then The man from Brazil is said to have it.
I am wondering if the plan s to say. "I’ve, got it, " from all the strong man types—and so then the public will believe that Covid 19 is nothing—as so many seem to think. : (

3 Likes

The GOP and MAGA’s are playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded chamber, thinking that some special mojo will protect them from The Beast. As for Trump really having C-19…I felt that was a scam from the get-go. Someone, when the time is right, will blow the whistle. But there won’t be too many of us around to care.
How many dead before the corporate matrix is exposed and broken? How many dead do we need lying in the streets because no one is healthy enough to bury them? Then will come the carrion crows, the vultures, the rats. And with them will come another plague as old as history-Y Pestis. Reality is a bitch, ain’t it, when those who live in a fantasyland are confronted with it.

3 Likes