Home | About | Donate

Govt Watchdog Group Gives Biden Blueprint to Rectify Trump's "Transparency Abuses"

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/09/govt-watchdog-group-gives-biden-blueprint-rectify-trumps-transparency-abuses

1 Like

Anyone who thinks that a Biden administration will open up investigations into Trump and his cronies is dreaming in Technicolor. That would open the door for Biden and his band of crooks to be investigated by the next administration - something they most definitely don’t want. They’re all part of the same club and they protect each other. Ever note how the Dems never seriously went after Trump until he outed Biden’s corruption? A couple of hundred years ago the French proletariat had the only viable answer - they invented the guillotine and took care of the whole venal, rapacious group.

5 Likes

Trump has trumped all previous presidents when it comes to massacring accepted ethics and outright violations of law and Constitution; exceeding even Nixon, who was wise enough to resign-after he was told to by his party.

Let me quote part of the definition of sedition; …" Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent toward, or rebellion against, established authority. " Because of the 1st amendment it is rarely prosecuted. However, his incitement of thuggery against elected officials and his attempt to pressure other elected officials to negate the election results clearly fits this definition.

If he is not prosecuted by the next Attorney General, all semblance of jurisprudence will be reduced to farcical rubbish.

“Generally, a person may be punished for sedition only when he or she makes statements that create a Clear and Present Danger to rights that the government may lawfully protect (schenck v. united states, 249 U.S. 47, 39 S. Ct. 247, 63 L. Ed. 470 [1919]).” The Free dictionary by Farlex.

My technicolor dream.

1 Like

I expect the Biden/Harris administration to get right on this and bring us back to the good ole transparent days of the Obama/Biden administration when whistleblowers were honored and protected rather than prosecuted. I still remember that glorious day when Obama pardoned Snowden, Assange, and Manning.

Just can’t help the sarcasm when I read headlines like this.

I went to sleep last and woke up in a strange land.
One where lawsuits to stop voter suppression are rare, but lawsuits for stopping states from making voting easier are oozing out of the cracks of republican asses.
As far as voter fraud claims by trump; these end up being an offense to cover up the defense of voter suppression and disenfranchisement.

2 Likes

Trump has no where near the grace or character of George Harrison.
His wife Patty Boyd left him for Eric Clapton and they all lived on without resentment.
Trump’s honey, the presidency, left him for Joe Biden and the separation is something the little boy can’t handle.

1 Like

Bring back & sharpen up the guillotine!

I share your Technicolor dream.
Sedition seems most appropriate in this case of unprecedented behavior by Trump!
Let the consequences, punishment be equally unprecedented. If we keep doing nothing about these things, they will continue & will become common ~ we cannot allow that!

And to get money from his cult followers.