Home | About | Donate

Grand Canyon in the Crosshairs? Risky Mega-Development Moves Forward

And because the narcissistic hoarding dregs love the idea that they can own absolutely everything; “I have a summer house on the edge of the Grand Canyon; you should see the view in the evening as the sun is setting – MAGNIFICENT [and it’s all mine]!”

When in the HELL are we going to show these psychopaths where the bear goes doo-doo?

There is quite a bit of truth to that. It would have been unthinkable when I was a kid in the 1960’s, now the country has moved into such a classist tilt it is unbelievable. It feels like a different place Just small things, like when they put the fee/pass into effect here in CA years ago for just the national forests. Things we thought were simply ours as Americans are no longer, everything has gone fee based. So the poor have no access to anything that is healthy.

BRAVO! A sagacious, eloquent comment with which I totally agree. Mil gracias!

“The Grand Canyon fills me with awe. It is beyond comparison—beyond description; absolutely unparalleled through-out the wide world… Let this great wonder of nature remain as it now is. Do nothing to mar its grandeur, sublimity and loveliness. You cannot improve on it. But what you can do is to keep it for your children, your children’s children, and all who come after you, as the one great sight which every American should see.” (Theodore Roosevelt - 1903)

TR, Woodrow Wilson, and Benjamin Harrison are rolling over in their graves.

The Grand Canyon is a UNESCO Heritage site…WTF.

*Theidea that permitting a “mega-development” right up against borders of the Grand Canyon is an idea borne of those whom have taken total leave of their cognitive functioning. There is, and has been a new Religion developing in American. It’s called the “Monetary Obsessionism” Their only sacrament is the destruction of “Mother Earth”, pollution of the Oceans, and the very air that our Children and Grand Children need to exist. The only commandment of this all too rapidly developing Religion; is that no regulations by the government will ever encumber the Religions efforts to worship at the Altar of The Almighty Dollar Bill. More clarification will be presented as I further ponder, the remaining “Commandments”…to be continued…I’m sure I have to get approval of the Almighty Corporate Powers that dwell within the monetary heavens…

Is it our nature to destroy nature? Or can we nurture nature?